mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57705 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

Hi there.

again an update with the following changes/fixes:

• added new Sword engine with latest fixes.
• fixed a bug that caused that module option cross-references could not be enabled even though the module supported it.
• fixed module installer bug where one one install source could be refreshed.
• added reload toolbar button. this is for some cases when the content is not updated because it is buffered.
• enhanced the view add function of bible and commentary views. the + sign now holds a menu where the to be opened module can be chosen. This should also makes adding commentaries to the bottom more easy.
• fixed a minor issue where the comment textbox in the bookmark dialog was focused instead of the bookmark name textfield.
• fixed the toolbar text entry box so that it is able to scroll the text.
• added the option the show target text that is normally displayed in preview panel as a tooltip within the text.

To be downloaded here or via the updater:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.9.3-181.app.zip

Regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Apr 4, 2009 4:24:50 AM]
[Apr 3, 2009 11:18:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

New beta version available with the following changes:

• better error checking, better overall stability.
• added bookmark highlighting with user defined fore- and background
color.
• added engine changes to support versification systems other than KJV.
• added Sword engine version 1.6.0rc1.
• fixed left sidebar issues when adding or moving bookmarks. In those
cases the tree view collapsed all items.
• added recents menu to search text box. the menu holds the last 10
recent searches for reference and index search.
• session now stores also module and display options.
• added "Show Verse number only" which shows only the verse number in
"Verses on one line" mode.
• fixed main menu issues where the menuitems under "View" were
disabled.
• fixed a problem with indexed search where the book selection wasn't
distributed to other parallel views.

Use the updater or download here:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.9.4-194.app.zip

Regards,
Manfred
[Apr 14, 2009 1:13:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

• added "Show Verse number only" which shows only the verse number in
"Verses on one line" mode.

You ROCK! Thank you so much for all the beta and especially for that feature...!!! Priceless!
blessings,
david
[Apr 14, 2009 3:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

Hello Manfred,

I cannot change the fonts of the bibleversions in the panels via the preferences... the app doesnt accept any changes (1.9.3. did)... but in 1.9.3. I could not change the fonttype
my desired setting is Times new Roman BOLD and ITALIC (or what that name)

Will you be able to implement a function that the user will personalize the layout more than now? What I mean is this: I would really love to see a possibilty to display a bible version and a commentary side by side... at the moment its only possible to display them one above the other...

Any last one :)
Do you think there is a chance to display pdf files within the app? I have some commentaries as pdf file and I would love to see them also within the macsword program... but I dont know if this is possible...

blessings,
david
[Apr 15, 2009 12:59:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pomdet
Stranger

United States

The versions after 1.9.2 crashed on start-up for me. Deleting my modules and downloading them again from the module installer in 1.9.4 seems to have fixed the problem.

There seems to be a bug when editing personal commentaries (I created it in MacSword). Changes to the last verse displayed aren't saved. I can get around this issue by also displaying the verse after the one I am editing.

I also noticed that entering a reference to 1kin or 1king goes to 1 Samuel instead of 1 Kings (and the same references to 2 Kings go to 2 Samuel). 1kgs & 1kings do work correctly.
[Apr 25, 2009 5:16:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Again a new update:

• fixed a problem on commentary editing where the last verse comment wasn't saved.
• SWORD engine update to RC2.
• fixed problems with session restoring where the text of all tabs initially was the same.
• fixed startup problems where text has been loaded several times.
• indexing and searching the index is now done threaded. This brings the progress overlay view back as it is with reference lookup.
• further indexing/searching fixes. Open indexes are now shared and only closed if no instance uses it any longer.
• index search results can now show a verse context.
• indexed text is not not stored in the index itself any longer. This reduces the index file size by more than half.
• increased maximum size of search text box in toolbar.

http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.9.5-202.app.zip

Manfred
[Apr 26, 2009 7:14:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The versions after 1.9.2 crashed on start-up for me. Deleting my modules and downloading them again from the module installer in 1.9.4 seems to have fixed the problem.

There seems to be a bug when editing personal commentaries (I created it in MacSword). Changes to the last verse displayed aren't saved. I can get around this issue by also displaying the verse after the one I am editing.

I also noticed that entering a reference to 1kin or 1king goes to 1 Samuel instead of 1 Kings (and the same references to 2 Kings go to 2 Samuel). 1kgs & 1kings do work correctly.

Thanks.
Both of the issues you mention are fixed, see change log of last post.
The reference lookup issue was fixed in SWORD RC2 which this updates includes.

Best regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Apr 26, 2009 7:18:25 AM]
[Apr 26, 2009 7:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

Update available:

• SWORD engine update to RC3.
• added CMD L shortcut to focus the text entry box.
• added next/previous book/chapter shortcuts.
• added locale strings for toolbar buttons/items.
• fixes to progress overlay view display on index operations.
• fixed showing book set view when switching to indexed search and search text was empty.

http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.9.6-207.app.zip

Regards,
Manfred
[May 6, 2009 1:10:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Another update available:

• fixed a problem in the module installer where no data was shown and no install sources could be added.
• added custom session loading and saving. session can now saved as custom files and also loaded.
• removed the forward and back button sin the toolbar. history is handled by the recents menu in the search text field.
• added rudimentary printing support. views with a single open module are printed as is. for views with multiple parallel bibles and commentaries only the first one is printed (this need more work obviously).
• text in the left side bar cells is now truncated instead of wrapped.
• added module about menu item to context menu.

http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.9.7-212.app.zip

Regards,
Manfred
[May 14, 2009 1:18:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male koodimyyra
Stranger

Still crashing on launch for me. Removing modules and installing them again from Module Manager solved this as well. I'm running OS X 10.5.7 and MacSword 1.9.7-212. Here's the crash log.

And, thanks for the great app :)
[May 19, 2009 1:18:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread