mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57284 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
MacSword 2 beta announcement

Hi there.

We're happy to announce the first available beta release of MacSword 2
(version 1.8.11).
From the available features and stability we've decided to open it to
a wider public.
Requirements are Mac OSX Leopard.

We're are not yet as feature rich as MacSword 1 is but that will come.
For the next release (1.9.0) personal commentary editing is planed,
this is not yet included here.
The module installer should be familiar since it is the same except
some minor enhancements and fixes.

You can now choose between using multi window approach or a workspace
window with tabs.

For some screenshots (of a now somewhat older version) look here:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/

If interested, download here:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.8.11.app.zip

!!! Although MacSword2 can co-exist with MacSword1 we suggest you make
a backup of you MacSword folder:
/Users/<yourlogin>/Library/Application Support/MacSword

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Manfred
[Mar 4, 2009 4:59:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Simon
Regular

Hurrah! nt

Hurrah!
Downloading it as I write. Feedback will come.
Simon
[Mar 4, 2009 1:23:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Re: Hurrah! nt

Thanks for the update: however I'm getting a blue *_x instead of a a cross-reference verse, any ideas as to the issue?

Dale
----------------------------------------
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Mar 9, 2009 4:53:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Thanks for the update: however I'm getting a blue *_x instead of a a cross-reference verse, any ideas as to the issue?

Well, that's not a bug. :)
We're using the default HTML filter like BibleCS does and many other programs.
However if you klick on the *_x or hold the mouse a little longer then the cross-reference is shown in the HUD preview window.

Manfred
[Mar 9, 2009 7:01:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

However if you klick on the *_x or hold the mouse a little longer then the cross-reference is shown in the HUD preview window.

The same way it works for Strong's, Morph's and footnotes.

Manfred
[Mar 9, 2009 7:12:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

Yet another beta version update has been released (version 1.9.0 build 162).
It brings the following new features:

• added personal commentary editing
• added commentary module creation
• added full screen mode for single and workspace windows
• added module unlocking via user interface
• module installer shows locked modules
• module installer now accepts multi selection
• HUD preview window now remembers if enabled/disabled
• many more fixes

Please use the application updater to download.

Regards,
Manfred
[Mar 9, 2009 7:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Well, So far I like the upgrade but still getting the blue *_x, even if I hold the cursor over or click, which by the way turns to the typing cursor, I still can not get the cross reference. I'm new to Mac, so is there a setting I need to adjust?

Dale
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Mar 9, 2009 5:51:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, So far I like the upgrade but still getting the blue *_x, even if I hold the cursor over or click, which by the way turns to the typing cursor, I still can not get the cross reference. I'm new to Mac, so is there a setting I need to adjust?

Dale, the blue *_x is a link, like in a browser. You could say it is a bug that the cursor stays a typing cursor even though it should get a finger.
If you click on that link, the cross-reference is shown in the preview window.
I'm not sure right now if the pewview window is shown by default.
If not, look into main the main menu->Windows and enable: "Show/Hide Preview panel".
This should display a black, half transparent small window which shows the cross-refs.

Regards,
Manfred
[Mar 10, 2009 1:04:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

If you click on that link, the cross-reference is shown in the preview window.

Btw: these types of windows are available since Mac OSX Leopard and are called HUD (Head Up Display).

Manfred
[Mar 10, 2009 1:06:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Ok, I see the HUD and can get there with the shortcut keys stokes, is there any way to get the link to display the verse/cross-ref as in the previous version?

Dale

P.S. Thanks for your patience.

http://missionfieldimages.com/main.php
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dale at Mar 10, 2009 6:06:29 AM]
[Mar 10, 2009 6:03:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread