mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57601 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

Hey, I do have another list of nitpicks and bugs coming soon, but for now, something more immediate I'd thought you'd like to know first:

Whenever I select "Check for Updates", I get:

Turns out I need to upgrade to the version I already have? So I did, and it told me that again... silly

Yeah, there's a problem.
I guess it is because only the build number changed but not the version.
That might have confused the updater.
The only suggestion I have for now is: you don't need to install the version you already have. :)

Manfred
[Sep 13, 2009 4:45:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Why is it not on the front page though one wonders?

It is not yet final and we are working on a MacSword web page revamp.

Anyway, I want to send you a donation. How do I do that?

Thank you very much for your offer.
Please read our FAQ for donations:
http://www.crosswire.org/index.jsp?section=FAQ

Regards,
Manfred
[Sep 13, 2009 4:49:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

Hehe, of course I'm not going to keep reinstalling a version I already have... I just did it once to verify the updater was indeed messed up. And, I needed an excuse to use that smiley. :)

Oddly though, the build number of the app in the trash displayed as 246, not 247, even though I clearly was using 247. silly (Yay, I can use that smiley again!)
----------------------------------------
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Sep 13, 2009 7:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

Well, I'm not as active beta testing this as I was before, but it seems not everyone was anyway. Granted, having 2 different Mac beta games and a beta iPhone app to test, as well as school takes up my time. However, thanks to the Bible class I'm taking, I had time to try out the new update:

- The margins finally work. That was a welcome fix. :)

- I noticed you also made a few slight changes to the interface, with the Book/Chapter nav buttons. Pretty good, now I'd love to see some more stuff loaded into the sidebars. Maybe even put the search field and Lookup Mode toggle there, too. Granted, I'm practically suggesting that the app could look more and more like that mockup I put in the last page, but that's just because I really think it would make the app so much nicer interface-wise.

-I'd love to see some improvements to the full-screen interface. The top bar could go away all together (or simply autohide), and its options could be tossed into a contextual menu accessed by Right-Click. The left and right sidebars would autohide in the sides of the screen, and controls for next chapter/book could appear in a hovering controller like Quick Look in Finder.

-Would you be open to a "low-light" feature, or making it possible via a setting to switch the display of text to white text on a black background? Much better for reading at night, as I've discovered from my Bible ap[ on my iPod Touch.
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Nov 21, 2009 12:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SodiumPowered
Stranger

One bug I've seen so far (and I'm sorry if this has been addressed, I haven't had time to read the whole thread):

After doing a text search (in this case, KJV), it returned one verse. The verse reference is blue and apparently hyperlinked, but clicking on it does nothing. The cursor changes to a little pointing hand icon, but nothing happens when I click.

I have version 2.0.6-289.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SodiumPowered at Dec 1, 2009 7:43:18 AM]
[Dec 1, 2009 7:41:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

One bug I've seen so far (and I'm sorry if this has been addressed, I haven't had time to read the whole thread):

After doing a text search (in this case, KJV), it returned one verse. The verse reference is blue and apparently hyperlinked, but clicking on it does nothing. The cursor changes to a little pointing hand icon, but nothing happens when I click.

I have version 2.0.6-289.

Left-click will display the same verse in the preview panel.
Right-click->"Open link" should open a new tab.

Manfred
[Dec 1, 2009 8:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread