mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3567 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male Simon
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Greek accentuation marks

Hello!
Are there any modules with the Greek New Testament, which also has the greek accentuation marks? I think I have downloaded every greek module in the list, but MacSword doesn't show the accentuation on any of them.

Have I missed something?

Simon
[Mar 3, 2009 2:21:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Greek accentuation marks

We have two Greek texts in testing that both include accent marks. You can find these texts in our beta repository.

Using the MacSword module installer, the settings you need to add the beta repository are:
Site Name: CrossWire beta
Site Machine Name: www.crosswire.org
Repository Directory: /pub/sword/betaraw

The texts with accents are called Tisch and MorphGNT. Both also include morphological parsing and lemmatization, and one also includes Strong's numbers. (I forget which one.)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Mar 3, 2009 8:21:26 PM]
[Mar 3, 2009 8:19:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Simon
Regular

Thank you

Thank you!
I couldn't access the server with the MacSword module manager ("An unknown problem occured while refreshing the install source!").
However, with Cyberduck I had no problems.

I haven't yet studied classical greek, but my friends who has says it is absolutely necessary to have the accentuations.

God's peace!
Simon
[Mar 7, 2009 5:39:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Thank you

Thank you!
I couldn't access the server with the MacSword module manager ("An unknown problem occured while refreshing the install source!").
However, with Cyberduck I had no problems.

There is a difference between accessing via FTP and via the module manager.
MacSword 2 uses the new InstallMgr APIs which requires you to confirm a disclaimer.
If you don't do this, you can't refresh or install modules.
However the should have been a disclaimer window.

Manfred
[Mar 7, 2009 6:02:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread