mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2113 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male Simon
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is this a bug?

A part of the text is coded like this:
<verse osisID="Mark.2.10 Mark.2.11" n="10-11">Men för att ni skall veta att Människosonen har makt att förlåta synder här på jorden säger jag dig" - och nu talade han till den lame - "stig upp, ta din bädd och gå hem."</verse>

What is two verses in the greek text is translated into one verse in swedish. According to OSIS manual, i thought i should write like the above.
And, when I first open MacSword and look at the text, all the verse is placed like verse 10, and after that comes verse 12. It looks fine.
But, if I bring up another text as a paralell, and then takes away the other text again, verse 11 is shown like three dots on a separate line.

In the Windows SWORD the text doesn't change.

Should the code be written differently or is this a bug in MacSword?

I use MacSword version 1.4.3 and Mac OSX 10.5.6 an a New MacBook.

God's peace!

Simon
[Feb 17, 2009 2:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Is this a bug?

Your example is proper OSIS.

I think the SWORD engine could be improved by using the n attribute value. But at this time it is not kept in the module.

At this time, the front-end (MacSword in this case) needs to detect that Matt 2:11 points to the same text as Matt 2:10 and visa versa. Only then can it output the correct verse numbers.

As far as I know, no front-end displays this kind of verse well.
[Feb 18, 2009 7:39:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread