mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 27894 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male k9fe
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Looking for NIV, TEV, NLT, NKJV, NASB, and an American Lutheran

Great software, but I use some different versions to teach with. Looking for NIV, TEV, NLT, NKJV, NASB, and an American Lutheran version. I have a fellow pastor using Ubuntu 8.1 with great sucess and we would like to find these versions. Or can someone tell me how to convert Quickverse books we already own from our windows days?

Keep up they great work! Blessings all...
[Jan 31, 2009 7:40:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    k9fe [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Re: Looking for NIV, TEV, NLT, NKJV, NASB, and an American Lutheran

Sorry,

Please see our FAQ and what it says about these translations.

Peter
[Feb 1, 2009 3:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

Great software, but I use some different versions to teach with. Looking for NIV, TEV, NLT, NKJV, NASB, and an American Lutheran version. I have a fellow pastor using Ubuntu 8.1 with great sucess and we would like to find these versions. Or can someone tell me how to convert Quickverse books we already own from our windows days?

Keep up they great work! Blessings all...

Conversion of any modules from almost any format to any other format is not officially permitted by Crosswire. However, if you have paid for it seems reasonable to be able to use it (I know you have theoretically bought a license to use it in a particular format, but that interpretation doesn't really hold much water or gel with user expectations).

So I cannot help you with it, but if your Quickverse is a few years old the modules are probably in STEP format, and there is a Sword utility program step2vpl and another vpl2mod. You can make of that what you will.
[Feb 2, 2009 6:06:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male zerubbabel

What about the Williams New Testament? It used to be available for e-Sword, but now the link is invalid.
[Jun 30, 2009 6:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male zerubbabel

I found a Williams New Testament that requires installing a program from onlinebible.org. Is there any possibility that the file format is compatible with Xiphos?
[Jul 1, 2009 6:08:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

No, that format would not be compatible with Xiphos.
[Jul 27, 2009 2:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

I have no idea why anyone would be expecting formats other than The Sword Project native format to work with Xiphos. Xiphos supports whatever modules are supported by the underlying Sword library. I'm not aware of there being any plans for new foreign formats to be supported.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Jan 9, 2011 4:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread