mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2546 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male Dale
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
MS 1.4.3 Slow and Freezing Up

Man, this is becoming almost unusable angry I hate getting upset while trying to study but..any ideas?

Dale
----------------------------------------
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Jan 29, 2009 9:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: MS 1.4.3 Slow and Freezing Up

A little bit more information would be helpful.

I guess you are using Strong's and when you hover over the links the program freezes?
The only thing I can advice at this time is not hovering over the Strong's links.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 29, 2009 11:45:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Using the new MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz 4Gb ram

Sometimes, rolling over the cross reference, the verse ( regardless of the translation) appears, sometimes. forgive the visual, it just gives me the pointing finger and locks up for a few minutes then returns never showing the rollover content.

Sometimes switching to a different commentary it just sits there, no action.

It's just completely unpredictable.

Dale
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dale at Jan 29, 2009 7:31:44 PM]
[Jan 29, 2009 12:17:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Bump!!!
[Feb 15, 2009 4:44:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

This happens on some systems.
I haven't been able to track this problem down.
It doesn't happen on all my test and development systems.

You can wait until a beta version of MacSword 2 is out which doesn't have this problem.

Manfred
[Feb 17, 2009 3:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

smile Re: MS 1.4.3 Slow and Freezing Up

I can wait, just hate to be cursing the computer for my Bible program not working!
biggrin biggrin crying biggrin

Dale
[Feb 18, 2009 2:23:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA

You can try Bible Desktop, another SWORD program, that works with the same modules, until it come out. We don't want you cursing tongue
[Feb 18, 2009 7:34:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Thanks for the help dmsmith, hey, any idea when the next version will be ready? I'm headed to the Philippines soon and this will be my primary Bible.

Dale
[Feb 23, 2009 8:23:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The current test version is quite stable and we are thinking of releasing a public beta really soon.
It is not that feature rich as MacSword 1 but on the other hand has some other nice things.
Note, it requires Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard).

I'll announce here when we released it.

Thanks,
Manfred
[Feb 27, 2009 5:31:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Well Done, Thank You Sir.

Dale
[Feb 27, 2009 5:39:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread