mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3833 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male Simon
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re-installing MacSword

I started experimenting with some of the modules, and then MacSword started to crash more frequently than before. Now i want to try to re-install the program, but first I think I need to delete the program and all the files that are connected to it.
I tried deleting the program MacSword, the folders "Sword" and "MacSword" (in user: Library: Application support), and the MacSword.plist in the Preferences folder (also in the folder "Application support").
Then I downloaded the program and all the modules I wanted, and installed it again, but the program still crashes as frequently as before.
Is there any other file I need to delete to do a proper un-install of MacSword?

Simon
[Jan 29, 2009 2:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Re-installing MacSword

The files and folders you deleted are all that MacSword creates.
Actually only the "Sword" folder in "Application Support" stores the modules.

It is hard to say anything without knowing some more.
Which version of MacSword and which MacOSX version do you use.
Could you eventually post the crash log here?

Also I would need to know if you are doing anything special when the program crashes?

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 29, 2009 11:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Simon
Regular

Re: Re-installing MacSword

My MacSword version is 1.4.3 (swedish).
My Mac OS X version is 10.5.6

At the moment, MacSword hasn't crashed for a while, and I don't remember exactly what I was doing when the problems occured. I think I was adding a greek text side by side with the swedish. But for the moment that doesn't cause any trouble (currently showing five translations side by side, with strongs, footnotes, cross referenses and Jesus words in red).

Perhaps the problems occured because of something else.
I can write again when I know more.

Simon
[Jan 30, 2009 3:41:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread