mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2159 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male psynurmy
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bible display problem in a multilanguage setting

Hi, I'm very thankful to this valuable program.

However, there is a certain problem using it as for me.
I'm running MacSword 1.4.3 on Leopard 10.5.6 (Macbook pro).
At first, I was disappointed to find that the last chapters of the Bible (e.g. Gen 50, Matt 28) were not displayed appropriately. There were only first verses, lacking other verses.
After some attempts of reinstalling and modification of settings, I came to know that the language setting of my Leopard caused the problem. I set the main language Korean before. When I changed the main language into English, the problem was disappeared.
Although it is okay for me to keep this language setting, I hope this problem to be fixed in next versions because there may be many people who want to use this program.
[Jan 25, 2009 11:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Bible display problem in a multilanguage setting

Hi there.

I think I don't fully understand what you are saying.

When you switch the language of your System to Korean then MacSword doesn't display the last chapters of certain bible books?

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 26, 2009 12:54:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male psynurmy
Stranger

Sorry for my broken English. -_-

I meant that when I turn the system language into Korean in the System preference, the last chapters of Bible show only first verses.
To be more specific, in the Genesis 50, there is only 1st verse.

Although I'm using Mac with English setting now, it would be better if there is any solution to the problem so that I can switch back to Korean again. Sometimes, Internet browsers have difficulties with showing Korean in English setting.

Nevertheless, I'm very grateful to the developers of this program. I introduced MacSword to some Korean friends, and they liked it too.
[Jan 28, 2009 8:34:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hmm, that's strange.
I don't have a solution for you right now.
This seems to be an error in the underlying Sword library or some other localization problem.
We need to investigate this.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 29, 2009 11:40:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread