mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2654 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male hoshi411
Regular

Japan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Macsword Bug No Greek

None of the greek modules are working correctly.
I see square characters where the greek characters should be.

I have several greek fonts installed on my computer and all work just fine with "BibleDesktop"
and I would just use that but Macsword has some great features that BibleDesktop doesn't.

My Hebrew modules have the same problem. It seems like macsword is unable to display fonts of foreign languages.

I think we established that Webkit was causing some problems before. Those problems were fixed but only a few of them. I can now use Macsword in 2 column view and view the strongs option and other menue options

However greek and hebrew language characters do not show up

and the menu option to show "Headings" does absolutely nothing at all.

Macsword 143
2004 Powerbook G4 1.5ghz 1gig ram
mac os 10.5.6
Safari version 3.2.1
[Jan 22, 2009 6:26:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Macsword Bug No Greek

Hi.

Well, I would not condiser this a MacSword bug.
It can display Greek and Hebrew just fine.

Which modules are causing trouble?

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 22, 2009 7:09:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hoshi411
Regular

Japan

all of them

byzintine textus receptus etc
all of the greek modules from crosswire's site
[Jun 17, 2009 1:45:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

all of them

byzintine textus receptus etc
all of the greek modules from crosswire's site

I just got a report of someone who installed HP scanner software and after that he had the problem you are having.
He solved it by choosing a font that is able to display Greek and Hebrew characters.
Try Arial for example.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jun 17, 2009 3:00:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread