mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7336 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Male pixelmeister
Stranger

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
osis2mod for mac

Hi everybody,

maybe this time someone can help me please. I have started to create an osis file. I need to convert it to check, whether the stuff I am doing is valid.

Now it seems to be quite difficult fior a newby to get what is needed. I understood, that osis2mod would be the tool to use. But where do I find it (a version for my mac)?

I would appreciate if it would be just simply to install, like other mac applications, and it would be great, if it was not just commandline, but I am willing to learn what is needed to proceed with my little home-bible-project here.

So if anybody could help me I will highly appreciate it.

Thnx in advance

-Martin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by pixelmeister at Jan 21, 2009 3:24:25 AM]
[Jan 21, 2009 3:22:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Re: osis2mod for mac

It is a commandline utility.

If you have libsword installed it should be there.

The way to access it is via the terminal , which I think (not owning a Mac) is somewhere hidden under Utilities.
[Jan 21, 2009 8:06:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

libsword is by default normally not available on Mac.
MacSword has a compiled libsword in it's application bundle but does not provide the user tools.

MacPorts has it available but a rather ancient version:
http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=sword

A better option for you is to compile from source to get the latest version.

Manfred
[Jan 22, 2009 7:31:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Martin.

I've created binaries for Mac of the Sword library and tools.
You can download here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php...300&package_id=110724

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 31, 2009 1:09:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Simon
Regular

Thanks a lot, Manfred!

Thanks a lot!
I feel I'm getting much closer to making a module now. I just need to know how to write a conf-file, but there is documentation on that as well on the wiki, isn't it?

Simon
[Feb 5, 2009 1:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Re: Thanks a lot, Manfred!

There is.Here
[Feb 5, 2009 3:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Johann
Regular

Hi, I've been following this thread and seem to be in a similar position to the original poster. I downloaded the binaries, but trying to run Osis2mod generates this error message:

You are running osis2mod: $Rev: 2169 $
./osis2mod is not compiled with support for ICU. Ignoring -n flag.
The module is not writable. Writing text to it will not work.
Exiting.

I'm not entirely sure what to do next... Sounds like Sword needs to be recompiled with appropriate ICU support. Any help would be much appreciated!

John
[Oct 29, 2009 11:52:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

If you download MacSword version > 2.0.0 it has those tools included based on the latest Subversion sources at that time. They are build with ICU support.
They are located in the application bundle under Contents/Resources/bin.
I had some trouble with this version of osis2mod, maybe it works for you.
Please let me know.

Manfred
[Oct 29, 2009 11:58:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

You are running osis2mod: $Rev: 2169 $
./osis2mod is not compiled with support for ICU. Ignoring -n flag.
The module is not writable. Writing text to it will not work.
Exiting.

I'm not entirely sure what to do next... Sounds like Sword needs to be recompiled with appropriate ICU support. Any help would be much appreciated!

This error is not related to ICU I think.
This error actually sounds like you supplied the "-a" option to alter an existing module.
How does your command line look like?

Manfred
[Oct 29, 2009 12:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Johann
Regular

this is my command line:

$ ./osis2mod ../../xml_files/test.swd ../../xml_files/test.xml

thanks,

John
[Oct 29, 2009 12:15:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread