mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2542 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male lunarumbrax
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Im so confused on installing modules.

Ive been trying to install the ESV bible to the latest version of MacSword, and ive tried many different things. Adding the directory myself, away from CrossWire, making the Sword file and putting unzipped modules in it. It popped up once doing that, the module did, except when i clicked task, install. It would just blink and another happened. Within Crosswire, the same blinking and no installing happens. What am i doing wrong?

Im on 10.5.6 leopard with an intel processor.
[Jan 17, 2009 12:16:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Im so confused on installing modules.

The module installer has a bug. The first row does not accept any task change. Changing the task to "Install" flips back to "None".
You should try to sort the list by clicking on the coloumn headers so that the ESV is somewhere but not the first row.

Alternatively if you downloaded the Mac module from the CrossWire website, unzipped it and placed the .swd file into:
/Users/<yourlogin>/Library/Application Support/Sword/

Then it will be found by MacSword.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 17, 2009 12:41:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lunarumbrax
Stranger

So, it did start to install, i clicked process tasks watched it, etc.

It just continuously says installing modules for about 10seconds, then stops. The status stays as uninstalled, and quit, go back in; still not there.

If also tried to do your second point, to no success. But just to be sure, you do have to create the file Sword within the Application Support, right?

Thank you for you help so far.
[Jan 17, 2009 1:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lunarumbrax
Stranger

I figured it out....its all good now, if a little unorganized. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for all your help.
[Jan 17, 2009 1:54:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Beyertron
Stranger

United States

Hi I was wondering how you figured it out. I'm having the same problem...
[Jan 21, 2009 7:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thumphrys
Stranger

I am wondering how you figured it out. I can't get it installed correctly.
Modules for ASV and ESV, I believe are installed, but of no use.

Could anyone give me detailed step by step instructions on how to do this.
Using Mac OS X 10.5.6. (farely new to mac)
[Jan 22, 2009 12:20:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

You might want to look at some older threads which expose some details:

http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=522
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=518
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=509

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 24, 2009 2:37:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread