mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7061 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Male marcs

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
I am a missionary in Brazil and need a Portuguese Bible for Mac Sword.

Can anyone direct me to a website that has a download for my macsword?
[Jan 13, 2009 9:10:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male marcs

Re: I am a missionary in Brazil and need a Portuguese Bible for Mac Sword.

Here is the Version that I need the most. Esword has this version but I am trying to go away from Windows and stick with mac.

João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada
[Jan 13, 2009 9:16:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male marcs

When I study it would be nice to have this so that I can copy and paste into my notes. It would be much appreciated if someone could help in this area.
[Jan 13, 2009 9:46:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Regrettably, a Portuguese translation (European or Brazilian) is not currently possible. Please see our FAQ for details.

No one (including e-Sword) has permission to distribute what is being called the "João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada" translation.
[Jan 13, 2009 10:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male marcs

Regrettably, a Portuguese translation (European or Brazilian) is not currently possible. Please see our FAQ for details.

No one (including e-Sword) has permission to distribute what is being called the "João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada" translation.

Is there anyone working on some Version? How is it that esword can continue to offer a portuguese Bible?
[Jan 14, 2009 7:40:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Is there anyone working on some Version? How is it that esword can continue to offer a portuguese Bible?

is it actually e-sword itself or simply someone else?

Essentially there are bunch of texts floating about which are not PD but claim so. We found out and stopped distributing. Others continue. Either their info is different or they do not care. I do not know. Please ask them.

Fact is though that we have credible information that none of teh texts we see about are truly public domain, despite the claims. And none of the bible societies etc in Brazil or Portugal have ever responded to us when we wrote. So we are stuck, which is a shame.
[Jan 14, 2009 9:31:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male marcs

is it actually e-sword itself or simply someone else?

Essentially there are bunch of texts floating about which are not PD but claim so. We found out and stopped distributing. Others continue. Either their info is different or they do not care. I do not know. Please ask them.

Fact is though that we have credible information that none of teh texts we see about are truly public domain, despite the claims. And none of the bible societies etc in Brazil or Portugal have ever responded to us when we wrote. So we are stuck, which is a shame.

Do you have an address for the Bible society here in Brazil? I could send them a letter in Portuguese. They may not know any english and thus the letter goes in the trash. You would be amazed at how they do things here. It is not just cut and dried here so to speak.

Yes I downloaded the portuguese esword bible from their website. I hope they leave it up as it is a help. The Bible should be free.
[Jan 15, 2009 2:30:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

http://www.sbb.org.br/
[Jan 15, 2009 12:04:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male marcs

Who specifically needs to get the written permission? I can call them here but what kind of permission needs to be given and to whom at MacSword? Who can they contact ect. I believe that I can get the permission here but it will be in Portuguese, and will need to be translated onto English.
[Jan 16, 2009 6:20:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

The permission is not sought for MacSword, but for CrossWire Bible Society. MacSword is but one programme of many we have - all using the same module base. So an module which works in MacSword will also work on Windows, Linux, some PDAs etc.

What we want is, to state in a single sentence,

the right to freely and non commercially distribute a Portugues Bible translation X .

Anyone in the core team here could handle any further correspondence, once they agreed to it in principle or even only are open to discuss things - but I think none of us speak any Portuguese.

Peter
[Jan 16, 2009 7:56:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread