mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2408 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male cailean99
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem displaying Old Testament

I'm using Gnomesword 2.2.3, BibleTime 1.6.5.1 and BibleDesktop 1.6 with Ubuntu 8.10. All of them run successfully, and I think the software is great.

My one problem is that after using Gnomesword and Bibletime for a few days, they stopped displaying the Old Testament books. I have not changed any of the settings, and I can still access the Old Testament in the ESV and the other Bibles on BibleDesktop, but when I try to get to an OT book using Gnomesword or BibleTime, it's as if they are not there. The booklist in Gnomesword or BibleTime does not go back past Matthew, even though BibleDesktop - which, as far as I know, uses the same modules - displays all the books.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you been able to fix it?
[Dec 7, 2008 11:43:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: Problem displaying Old Testament

First of all, I recommend you join our user's mailing list. We tend to use that more than this forum. Sign up here: GnomeSword Users.

I have never heard of your problem and have never had it. I'm not trying to get around it, but you might try first of all upgrading GnomeSword to the latest version. Because it isn't in the official repositories, go to GnomeSword Debian to see an alternative repository that has the latest GnomeSword. The version you have is almost two years old, and there have been many enhancements since then.
[Dec 8, 2008 8:08:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male cailean99
Stranger

Re: Problem displaying Old Testament

Thanks for your reply. I've now upgraded to the latest version but I'm still having exactly the same problem. It's as if the modules in Gnomesword and Bibletime only contain the New Testament, even though I can read all the OT books in BibleDesktop.

I'll sign up to Gnomesword users to see if anyone there has any ideas.
[Dec 8, 2008 10:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread