mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3943 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male andrigtmiller
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Windows EXE Bible Text Conversion

Is it possible to take a Windows EXE version of a Bible Text and convert it to be able to import it into the Linux version of GNOME Sword?

I have purchased an NASB translation for Sword, but they only have a Windows version of the text. I have tried to execute the file (nasb.exe) through Wine on Linux, but it hangs on a dialog that says Setting up wizard...

Any suggestions would be helpful. Keep in mind I don't have access to any Windows based computers, as I only have Mac's and Linux.

Thanks.
[Dec 2, 2008 1:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Windows EXE Bible Text Conversion

I don't know how you would be able to achieve what you want to do, nor are we able to help you. Although you have a license to use the NASB in one piece of software, unfortunately that does not mean you have a license to use the same text in Sword.

On the bright side (assuming you're willing to spend a bit more money) we expect that the NASB will soon be on sale for use in Sword.
[Dec 2, 2008 9:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ua4ever
Regular

I have purchased an NASB translation for Sword

Have they started selling NASB for Sword (as opposed their own application)?
[Dec 3, 2008 5:46:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male andrigtmiller
Stranger

I don't know how you would be able to achieve what you want to do, nor are we able to help you. Although you have a license to use the NASB in one piece of software, unfortunately that does not mean you have a license to use the same text in Sword.

On the bright side (assuming you're willing to spend a bit more money) we expect that the NASB will soon be on sale for use in Sword.

Actually, I purchased it for Sword, but they only supply a Windows version. They even give the links to downloading the Windows version of Sword.

I'll spend whatever they want for it, but it sounds like they already do this to me, but just the Windows version.
[Dec 3, 2008 8:25:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male andrigtmiller
Stranger

I have purchased an NASB translation for Sword

Have they started selling NASB for Sword (as opposed their own application)?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought what I purchased was for Sword, not their own application. They give a download link to the following:

www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Isn't this the Windows version of Sword? Or is their own application separate of the Sword project?
[Dec 3, 2008 8:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

No, I'm afraid that is e-Sword, which has no relation to The SWORD Project or CrossWire.
[Dec 3, 2008 8:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread