mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7511 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Male lubos
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Slovak Bible

Hello guys,
I would like to aks if it is possible to include slovak bible into module repository. I have it in .bbl format and I thik that it is not restricted due to any ownership but I can find it out.
I thik that many slovak friends would be happy.
[Nov 10, 2008 12:41:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Slovak Bible

Hi.

If the copyright is clear and the module is under public domain we can create a mokdule from it.
I don't know .bbl format though.

Manfred
[Nov 11, 2008 2:01:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

.bbl is from e-Sword, so we won't use that file.

If you can find another source (and a name would be helpful) then we could consider adding a Slovak translation. All of the translations I'm familiar with are under current copyright, however.
[Nov 11, 2008 6:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lubos
Stranger

Yes, all Slovak Bibles are under copyright but I will try to find out more.
[Nov 20, 2008 8:44:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ssuuddoo

hi guys. I have contacted the SSV - official bible publisher in Slovakia
and the director has sent me the documents of the old and new testament
and told me that there shouldnt be a problem in publishing it,
but the comentaries should be published together with the text.
I do not have the comentary.

So I wouldnt se in the "rights" any big problem, my question is
how would it be the module making process?

I can write them to send me the comentaries.
Plz, anyone tell me in a short way how to convert bible documents
into a module way, because I haven't found a reasonable way of converting
it to the requested OSIS format.

thnx
ssuuddoo
[Feb 27, 2009 5:45:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ssuuddoo

hope it wont be a problem.

Gb
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ssuuddoo at Feb 27, 2009 5:49:50 AM]
[Feb 27, 2009 5:47:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

This is wonderful news.

Please send me an email and we can discuss the matter in a better fashion. I am happy to help creating the module or - if my own expertise is not sufficient - will pass it on to someone else.

Yours in Christ

Peter

refdoc@crosswire.org
[Feb 27, 2009 11:53:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male grochv
Stranger

good news:) i would like to see this in gnome sword.

God bless
[Mar 7, 2009 2:57:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pietro
Regular

Little problem is, that bible from SSV has deuterocanonical books, which are in this version of sword not supported. On many places is different numbering from KJV version. We are now working on it.
[Mar 17, 2009 2:42:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ssuuddoo

confused aha

Little problem is, that bible from SSV has deuterocanonical books, which are in this version of sword not supported. On many places is different numbering from KJV version. We are now working on it.

The director from the SSV wrote me that he gave the rights to publish the Holy bible for these pages: www.theophilos.sk, www.crosswire.org/sword, www.biblegateway.com, www.bible-discovery.com, www.pocketsword.net.
And if there is a need, he can send them to me also. So the publishing rights should be ok.

Dealing with the deuterocanonical documents, these would be:
Prophet Baruch, Prophet Daniel, Judith,Book of Wisdom, Tobi, 2nd Macabee, 1st Macabee, Sirach. They do not include any of the New Testament books.

I recommend to start working with the conversion for the slovak module
to be available.

I will have a look at the possibility to have it in the next version.
OWKAY?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ssuuddoo at Mar 18, 2009 11:49:13 AM]
[Mar 18, 2009 11:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread