mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3581 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male tzefanyah
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile The Scriptures module for Linux

Hello,

I have tried to use the Windows version which is right on the isr-messianic.org website. I used wine to install the module and then I tried to copy it over to the .sword local directory. It worked except I have italics, footnotes, superscript, that does not work. It shows up in strange brackets. Is there a setting in the ts1998.conf file that I could alter to get this to work? Or Is there any way that I could get this to show up properly? It is the bible I primarily use in hard copy format so it would be an added convenience for me when I am doing my web blog.

God bless you guys with all your great work! :)

Thank you in advance for any help.

tzefanyah
[Nov 15, 2008 4:17:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: The Scriptures module for Linux

The isr-messianic.org website as far as I can see only lists "e-sword" software. We are not affiliated with e-sword in any way. However, we do have several "native linux" Bible study software, which may be easier for you to use than e-sword with wine. I suggest you try out "Gnomesword" or "BibleTime".

Matthew
[Nov 16, 2008 8:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tzefanyah
Stranger

Re: The Scriptures module for Linux

Hi ransom1982,

Incorrect. Look below esword and you will see "The Sword Project." I do my best to cast down vain imaginations with the Holy Spirit's help, judging from the website this is not one. smile

Do you work on The Sword Project? This is the website www.isr-messianic.org .

First you will see a picture of a bible in blue, next the heading "Download The Scriptures for Bible Study Programs".

Then you have 2 listings:
1. Logo for e-Sword
2. Logo for The Sword Project

The second one is what I am referring and would like to see it ported to The Sword Project for Linux since the Windows version for The Sword Project already is. I will write to them and see what I can do since I know some of the translators personally.

Thank you for your help.

God Bless! smile

tzefanyah
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by tzefanyah at Nov 29, 2008 2:39:40 AM]
[Nov 29, 2008 2:35:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread