mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 90735 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Male GKCSMAC
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cannot Install Modules into MacSword

Hi,

I just downloaded MacSword yesterday. I started to download modules, had them unzipped, and then attempted to install them into MacSword. I've tried all the advice given on folder names and locations and none of it has solved the problem. I also tried the permission and access advice and it did nothing. I am opening the module installer and choosing the folder within Applications within Folder names MacSword Within Folder named Modules and it add it to the list of Modules. When I click under the task heading "Install" it within 2 seconds goes back to "none". This is happening with all the modules.

Does anyone know whats going on?
[Nov 25, 2008 5:15:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Cannot Install Modules into MacSword

Hi.

What you wright about the module installer confises me a little.

I am opening the module installer and choosing the folder within Applications within Folder names MacSword Within Folder named Modules and it add it to the list of Modules.

I think I do not understand this. Please explain in more detail.

When I click under the task heading "Install" it within 2 seconds goes back to "none". This is happening with all the modules.

You are selecting the module and then choose the "Install" task when the menu pops up?

I just downloaded MacSword yesterday. I started to download modules, had them unzipped, and then attempted to install them into MacSword. I've tried all the advice given on folder names and locations and none of it has solved the problem. I also tried the permission and access advice and it did nothing.

Actually it is not that complicated.
You download the .swd.zip files, from our web page. Then you unzip them and copy the .swd files into /Users/<yourlogin>/Library/Application Support/Sword
Please make sure the module location path in MacSword is set to this path.
That's it.
You don't need to care for permission and such.

Regards,
Manfred
[Nov 25, 2008 5:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male GKCSMAC
Stranger

When I Click the install source icon in the module manager menu I select local host and choose my "application folder" then I choose a folder I created named "MacSword" within that folder is a folder named "Modules" and I choose a module within that folder such as KJV. When I choose "KJV" I get a directory location of "/Applications/MacSword/Modules/KJV.swd".

When I add this module it list in the left of the module window as "not installed".

When I click under the "task" bar and the options are "none" and "install" I click "install" right away it list as "none".

What am I doing wrong?
[Nov 25, 2008 5:41:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, the module installer is not supposed to be used like that.
It does the download and installing of modules for you so that you do not _not_ need to download, unzip and copy the .swd files yourself.

There is an install source called "Crosswire" already created for you.
Select that, click "Refresh", choose the module to be installed ("Install" Task) and finally select "Process Tasks" from the toolbar.

Manfred
[Nov 25, 2008 7:06:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male GKCSMAC
Stranger

I deleted all the modules I downloaded myself. And then I used the crosswire to download the modules but they dont download.

I dont know what to do I may just delete the program and forget about it.

If you can think of anything that may be wrong let me know.
[Nov 25, 2008 7:24:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I deleted all the modules I downloaded myself. And then I used the crosswire to download the modules but they dont download.

What did you exactly do in order to select and download the modules?
"They don't download" is not very presice and thus it is hard to help you.
Do you see the modules after you refreshed the install source?
You need to select the "Install" task and see that the "Install" stays. Only modules that are marked "Install" will be installed.

Which version of MacSword do you use actually?

I dont know what to do I may just delete the program and forget about it.

That's your choise.
I'm willing to help you further if you want. The better you explain the better I can help you.

Regards,
Manfred
[Nov 25, 2008 7:45:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male liposuction
Stranger

This may be too late of a response to your post, but it may help others in the future...

Follow these steps to dl new modules for MacSword:

1. Once MacSword is open, click on the MACSWORD tab
2. On the dropdown menu, click MODULE INSTALLER
3. On the left side of the pop-up module installer, right below the big green add symbol (add install source), click CROSSWIRE
4. Click on what you are wanting to install, BIBLICAL TEXTS, COMMENTARIES, etc.
5. Click the module (ex: MKJV) you would like to download (it will highlight in blue)
6. Under the task column where it says "none", click and you will have the option that says "install"
7. Check install
8. Now click the the PROCESS TASK icon (upper right)

As Emeril would say, "BAM!"
[Aug 13, 2009 8:57:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Nyramirez12
Stranger

smile Re: Cannot Install Modules into MacSword

I too had that problem when I downloaded Macsword 2. What finally made the program work correctly without it crashing or doing what you said was to first exit out of all macsword programs. Go into Users/your account/Library/application support. Once you're there, delete both folders "MacSword" and "Sword." Once you do this, open up the newest version of MacSword or the one that you want to use. Now just install the modules using the module installer, if using MacSword 2: select "install" on those you want from the drop down list and click "Process Tasks." It should work properly now.

- Noel R. smile
[Feb 7, 2010 1:00:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jamiehout
Stranger

United States

Is there update on this
[Nov 28, 2010 6:39:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female Jhenna
Stranger

Philippines

This may be too late of a response to your post, but it may help others in the future...

Follow these steps to dl new modules for MacSword:

1. Once MacSword is open, click on the MACSWORD tab
2. On the dropdown menu, click MODULE INSTALLER
3. On the left side of the pop-up module installer, right below the big green add symbol (add install source), click CROSSWIRE
4. Click on what you are wanting to install, BIBLICAL TEXTS, COMMENTARIES, etc.
5. Click the module (ex: MKJV) you would like to download (it will highlight in blue)
6. Under the task column where it says "none", click and you will have the option that says "install"
7. Check install
8. Now click the the PROCESS TASK icon (upper right)

As Emeril would say, "BAM! uniquehoodia"

I had a problem install it, an error occurred. any help?
[Jan 23, 2012 12:15:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread