mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4328 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male jpinjapan
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Installation Errors and adding Modules

I am hoping to use your Reader for English and Japanese Bibles on my PDA.

I have an iPaq Pocket PC pda 2750 running Japanese OS Windows Mobile 2003.

I downloaded your Pocket PC Sword Reader Pre-release version 1.0.0.

Using Active Sync, I installed the Reader to the SD card on my iPaq.

An error message appeared stating the version installed was for a previous OS so it may not display properly. But it opens and I am able to read/search the kjv Bible. However, every time I open The Sword Project Reader it shows an error message saying it cannot read the kjv files...gives the exact file name and location, and says it is error 32. I tap "ok" about 4 times and then it opens and is perfectly legible and fine. Do you know why this error comes up?

Also, I have tried to add modules per your instructions of downloading the raw zipped modules to my SD Card/The Sword Project folder, then extracting them to the same folder. When I open the program, and get through all the error messages, still, only the kjv shows up on the translation menu. Thankfully the kjv is still legible, but how do I get the modules to show up as you show on your screenshots?

I understand that this is not yet a stable version, so maybe it is out of my league, but just in case someone somewhere has some insights of what to do next, I post.

Thanks So Much!
[Nov 13, 2008 6:55:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jpinjapan
Stranger

Re: Installation Errors and adding Modules

Based on the number of views, this is not a dead forum, so that is encouraging. Since I got a little help via e-mail support, I will post here some of what I have gleaned in case it might help you too.

First, The error messages...

Do a soft reset, and the first time you open the reader after that, the error messages will not appear. They will re-appear if you open the reader without doing a soft-reset though.

If you are running Windows Mobile 5, you might want to try installing this next version of Sword Reader. Be aware though, it is an alpha or testing version. The nice fellow who sent me this link said it got rid of the error messages for him, and had some other nice features he liked. Here is the link:

http://www.swordreader.org/builds/pocket_pc/S...PC_090alpha3_09072008.CAB

Copy the CAB file to your device and install it from there.
Again, please use this link with caution. I installed it overtop of my version 1.0 and it seemed to install successfully enough, only after that, I could not open the reader at all. It is not compatible with Windows Mobile 2003 and/or a Japanese OS PDA, evidently, so then I needed to uninstall the Sword Reader and start over.

NEXT...About getting the Japanese Bibles to display:

I have had no success with that yet. The nice fellow who helped me said this is a font issue that the developers will take up at some point. In the mean time, you have to find a unicode system font that works with Windows Mobile which has Japanese characters.

He said he has not found one that fully supports Greek/Hebrew, but he has succeeded in getting Vietnamese Bibles to display as he found the needed unicode system file with a Vietnamese font. Here it is, if you are interested in Vietnamese:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/dfef0304-4811-4d83-a6aa-ec4ec94fdb8e/VNSysFont

If you know of a file like this for Japanese, I would be very grateful if you could post it!
Thanks!
[Dec 26, 2008 7:04:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jpinjapan
Stranger

Oh, and I forgot to mention about other English modules...

So far, the SwordReader for Pocket PC only supports Bibles and Commentaries, though I have only been successful with English Bibles so far. The way to get the other translations of the English Bible to display is...

Download the modules you wish to use.

Unzip the files where ever you can find them easily.

Each Bible will have two folders, one called mods.d and the other called modules. The SwordReader Program on your device also has these two folders. The contents/files of each of these downloaded Bible folders need to be copied into the respective folders under Program/SwordReader/ on your device or storage card or where ever you installed your program. Be sure open each folder down to the file level, and only copy the files, then paste them into the same folders in the SwordReader program where the kjv files are already.

This is a tedious process, and I am sorry I cannot explain it better. If you have a more simple way to explain it, I will be grateful if you can post it.

Anyway, then do a soft reset and open your SwordReader and all being well, you will see the titles of your additional English Bibles under the Translations Menu. Tap the translation you wish to read, and it will open and you can find your desired Chapter and Verse.

Thank You!
[Dec 26, 2008 7:34:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Thank you for being so persistent with it and also for posting your findings.

This will be helpful to others who want to use the programme.

As a general rather "hacky" but possibly right now the most practical solution to font problems of the kind you describe, you might want to try and merge two existing fonts - one which does what you want in English, Greek, Hebrew and another which is good in Japanese.
[Dec 27, 2008 7:41:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jarinahpel

pakistan

I installed it overtop of my version 1.0 and it seemed to install successfully enough, only after that, I could not open the reader at all. It is not compatible with Windows Mobile 2003 and/or a Japanese OS PDA, evidently, so then I needed to uninstall the Sword Reader and start over.
[Sep 14, 2013 1:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread