mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2385 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male bill

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Search issues

I am unable to search for a word or phrase in 1.4.3. When I type in a word and hit enter, it simply defaults to "Revelation of John". this happens whether I use double quotations " or single ʻ or nothing at all. Any suggestions?

bill
[Oct 28, 2008 8:51:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Search issues

You mean you get search results in the table but they are all "Revelation of John"?

Generally, phrase search works with double quotes.
I noticed that it only works correctly in Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard). Not fully sure why. Although Apple supports phrase search using their SearchKit framework since Mac OSX 10.4. At least that's what the SearchKit documentation says.

When searching for a word only, you don't quotes.

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 28, 2008 11:43:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bill

I cannot search for words or phrases (whether there are quotation marks or not)?

The response I get is to see "Revelation of John 1" in the scripture text box and
no verses (just a blank white screen) in the big box where normally the search results would be displayed. That is, the text of Revelation 1 does not appear even though the book title is displayed in the scripture text box.

I have Leopard 10.5.5.

bill
[Oct 30, 2008 4:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hmm, that's strange. I think you are trying to search in the wrong window.
The module window has a reference text input where you can type in Bible references not search phrases.

When you module window is front most, press <CMD>F or choose "Find..." from the main menu. Then the search (find) window will open where you can search for words and phrases.

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 30, 2008 11:50:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bill

ah....sorry. That was really simple. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I thought I had searched for words that way before, but obviously had not. Thanks again!
[Oct 31, 2008 5:41:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread