mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2671 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male taebert
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How can you back up your notes?

As a windows user I always need to be prepared for thi inevitable system rebuild. I want to know what files I need to back up to be able to restore my notes. Also, are any of the files hidden . This would be nice to know

thx,
tim
http://clcconyngham.org
[Oct 27, 2008 6:57:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    taebert [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: How can you back up your notes?

Tim.

I'm not fully sure about any hidden files.
But for your modules you would need to backup the "mods.d" and "modules" folder in the program folder.

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 30, 2008 11:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

The personal notes, specifically, are found in (assuming the default installation): C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\modules\comments\rawfiles\personal

There are no hidden files. Nor is anything installed outside of the C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\ directory, except for one or two registry entries.
[Nov 9, 2008 2:38:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male taebert
Stranger

So if I just back up the 'C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The Sword Project' to a back up drive I'll have it all.

I'm thinking that a quick and dirty system recovery might go like this:
-- re-install the sword package
-- over-write the directory above with my backed up files. I think that will recover not only my notes, but also all the bibles that I have added.

Any thoughts on this?

tim
[Feb 7, 2009 3:17:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    taebert [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scribe
Strange

Yes, that sounds right. You actually don't even need to reinstall the package. Once you copy the folder to a backup drive, you can actually run it from there. The registry entries are unnecessary and are concessions for Windows installers/uninstallers
[Feb 7, 2009 5:09:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    scribe777_2000    scribe777    119107 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vic.rodriguez@cox.net
Stranger

Would you know how I can backup my personal Notes in MacSword please? Or can you lead me to where I could get this info?
Thanks
[Sep 26, 2010 4:36:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread