mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help


»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7890 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male thespiritual1
Newbie




Joined: Feb 17, 2004
Post Count: 6
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Diathele & the biblebot TCL script

I have the latest version of the Sword API set up on a red hat 9 box that I use for my internet firewall. I've decided to switch to Eggdrop for a IRC bot I need on one of my channels on dal.net .. I've started to set up the tcl script with diatheke and I'm having some issues. Mainly I think cause I just don't have much documentation on either.

First question, how do I turn logging on in diatheke? I want to use the !history command...

Second, there were quite a few problems with the TCL script. One big one was the search function in the translations. The command line that was in the script was
catch {exec $diatheke -s $bibver "$vlookup" >& /tmp/fooout.$botnick}

when it should have read:
catch {exec $diatheke -b $bibver -s phrase -k "$vlookup" >& /tmp/fooout.$botnick}

I also have noticed that the naves lookup was broke. Simply because it was supposed to be passed to diatheke as Nave no naves ...

Is there anyone still working on the TCL script or anyone that has one active on IRC?

Third, this is a dumb question. If there any way to speed up the bible searches other then putting it on a faster PC?? A normal one word search takes about a minute and 50 seconds on my box right now.. Granted, it's only a P2 400 with 256MB, but I really don't want to build a new machine right now. silly

Anyway, other than that right now, it seems to be working ok..

Thanks,
Aaron
[Feb 17, 2004 5:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    thespiritual_1    thespiritual1 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer
Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 17, 2003
Post Count: 211
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Diathele & the biblebot TCL script

I have the latest version of the Sword API set up on a red hat 9 box that I use for my internet firewall. I've decided to switch to Eggdrop for a IRC bot I need on one of my channels on dal.net .. I've started to set up the tcl script with diatheke and I'm having some issues. Mainly I think cause I just don't have much documentation on either.

First question, how do I turn logging on in diatheke? I want to use the !history command...

Second, there were quite a few problems with the TCL script. One big one was the search function in the translations. The command line that was in the script was
catch {exec $diatheke -s $bibver "$vlookup" >& /tmp/fooout.$botnick}

when it should have read:
catch {exec $diatheke -b $bibver -s phrase -k "$vlookup" >& /tmp/fooout.$botnick}

I also have noticed that the naves lookup was broke. Simply because it was supposed to be passed to diatheke as Nave no naves ...

Is there anyone still working on the TCL script or anyone that has one active on IRC?


I'll take a quick glance through the script and fix whatever I notice to be incorrect. There have been a lot of changes to diatheke (like the syntax you mentioned) and to Sword and to modules (like certain module names) since the last time the TCL script was seriously updated.

It doesn't get updated often and isn't being actively maintained, mostly because it's not fun, gets very little use, and I don't feel like it. :)


Third, this is a dumb question. If there any way to speed up the bible searches other then putting it on a faster PC?? A normal one word search takes about a minute and 50 seconds on my box right now.. Granted, it's only a P2 400 with 256MB, but I really don't want to build a new machine right now. silly

Anyway, other than that right now, it seems to be working ok..

Thanks,
Aaron


If you're talking about the KJV, there's not much you can do about speed. It's been horrifically de-optimized, as of the latest release.

If other modules are giving you such slow search times, there's a problem unrelated to Sword and unrelated to your processor speed (like a super-fragmented hard drive or an OS without any disk caching or something else completely outside my knowledge).
[Feb 18, 2004 1:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thespiritual1
Newbie




Joined: Feb 17, 2004
Post Count: 6
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Diathele & the biblebot TCL script

Thanks for looking into the TCL script. If I had more knowledge of TCL I would offer to help, since it seems like I'm the only one using it. lol However, I am already finding some good use for the script. I've had a few people drop by my channel and play around with it. One of them has been coming back once in a while and using the search function and some of the other modules that are there. It adds so much more functionality to the normal BibleBots that are out there.


I checked other modules for search speed, and your right. Doing the same search on MKJV only takes about 5 seconds instead of the minute and a half on KJV.. Thats completely okay with me.. People will just have to deal with it.

Thanks for the help! The more I learn about TCL I might be able to help out with that script functionality if you would like it...

Aaron
[Feb 18, 2004 6:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    thespiritual_1    thespiritual1 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread