mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4584 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Male coshoctoncountry
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: new MacSword User

You should be using the most recent version of MacSword 1.4.3. If not, you can download it at one of the links given in preceding posts. (Eloquent-0.3.0 functionality is built right into MacSword 1.4.3, making this process relatively easy . . . if you know what to do, of course.)

Try the following.

After installing it, open MacSword 1.4.3. You will find under the MacSword menu (on the left of your screen) a line that reads, "MODULE INSTALLER". Select that option. A blank, fairly large "MODULE MANAGER" window will open. Click the bright green "PLUS" icon at top left. A smaller "INSTALL SOURCE WINDOW" opens. In this window, do the following—

Set "TYPE" to "Remote". (FWIW, I think you'll find that this its default.)
For "NAME" enter -----> Crosswire Bible Society
For "HOST" enter -----> ftp.crosswire.org
For "DIRECTORY" enter -----> /pub/sword/raw/

Click "Okay". Now you can do some shopping: it's your turn! Enjoy.

If you have any problems, post again. Thank you.

God bless!
[Oct 5, 2008 3:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ricky
Stranger

I downloaded MacSword 1.4.3 on my PowerBook Mac OS X 10.4.11. I followed the instructions in post coshoctoncountry

After launching MacSword several times without success, I 've placed manually selected modules in: Library / Application Support / Sword. Without success ... MacSword not working.

I rebooted MacSword and a small window appears on MacSword each time and told me: "No title module. No info Module "and another small window titled Modules said: "Bibles, comments, Lexicons, Books, daily. . Not being familiar
the computer, I ask someone to guide me in installing Mac Sword. I ask for help.

Please forgive my English very rough. I
'm French and I learn English.

Thank you and God bless you.

Ricky
[Oct 10, 2008 6:53:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

The module installer is working and can install modules.
It is also possible to store manually downloaded modules in the module location you have configured in preferences.
The default location is: ~/Library/Application Support/Sword

However if you configured a different module location path the modules installed by Module installer and your manually downloaded modules put to the above path are not recognized.

Btw: the description that coshoctoncountry gave if for if you want to add another module install source.
MacSword has setup a default install source which is called "CrossWire".
Normally you don't need to add another source.

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 11, 2008 2:00:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bill

hello Manfred,

your instructions seem clear and the installer says it is "installing" modules when I select "process tasks", but nothing gets installed in the "sword" folder and no modules appear in the "modules" list box. My module path location under preferences is the default one you indicated it should be. So where are they?

Thanks, Bill
[Oct 21, 2008 9:57:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

your instructions seem clear and the installer says it is "installing" modules when I select "process tasks", but nothing gets installed in the "sword" folder and no modules appear in the "modules" list box. My module path location under preferences is the default one you indicated it should be. So where are they?

If they have been installed a .conf file for every installed module should be located under <module_location_path>/mods.d

i.e.: /Users/<login>/Library/Application Support/Sword/mods.d/kjv.conf

If these .conf files do not appear after you installed the modules they haven't been installed or they haven't been installed to the that folder.

Manfred
[Oct 24, 2008 12:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bill

I had to move the .conf files into the mod.d folder under Sword (they were somewhere else). I now have the Bible version folders in a "Modules" under Sword and a the .conf files under the "mod.d" folder in Sword (there is also an "InstallMgr" folder under Sword). My preferences for Macsword has
"billwortman/Library/Application Support/Sword" in the "Location of Modules" box (I did not have to enter this manually). But when I open Macsword, it still says there are "No Modules..."

When I use the install manager, none of the Bible versions or .conf stuff goes into the Sword folder. I have to copy them older from the "Macintosh HD", which is where they ended up after using the Installer.

The Bible version files are .bzs or .bzz or bzv. files, whereas if I try to manually download a Bible version file it is a .swd file. the .swd file will open and I can see the version, but it doesnʻt "load" into MacSword at all.

Suggestions? Thank you very much for your help. Bill
[Oct 25, 2008 2:30:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi Bill.

I had to move the .conf files into the mod.d folder under Sword (they were somewhere else). I now have the Bible version folders in a "Modules" under Sword and a the .conf files under the "mod.d" folder in Sword (there is also an "InstallMgr" folder under Sword). My preferences for Macsword has
"billwortman/Library/Application Support/Sword" in the "Location of Modules" box (I did not have to enter this manually). But when I open Macsword, it still says there are "No Modules..."

Hmm, strange.
I'm not sure whether this default location is correct.
Your home folder should be "/Users/billwortman", so the default module location should then be: "/Users/billwortman/Library/Application Support/Sword".
I'm pretty sure that if you change this it will work if this folder has the "mods.d" and "modules" folders.
This "InstallMgr" folder you are refering to is for the module installer.

When I use the install manager, none of the Bible versions or .conf stuff goes into the Sword folder. I have to copy them older from the "Macintosh HD", which is where they ended up after using the Installer.

Where did they end up?

The Bible version files are .bzs or .bzz or bzv. files, whereas if I try to manually download a Bible version file it is a .swd file. the .swd file will open and I can see the version, but it doesnʻt "load" into MacSword at all.

Yes, the bible files depend on which source type they are of.
If you download the .swd files you just need to drop them into your default module location path. Then they are recognized and loaded aber MacSword restart.

Manfred
[Oct 27, 2008 9:08:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bill

Thanks Manfred! It now works. The problem was that I had the wrong
default module location path. I cut and pasted what you said it should be and it worked after I reopened MacSword.

Thanks again! Bill
[Oct 27, 2008 10:31:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread