mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2650 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male Elaine
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3rd question - is it possible to save setup

a true mac newbie.... If I open a bible module and set my options to use Morph and strong's # - can I save this? or must I reset every time I close and reopen macsword?
[Sep 17, 2008 8:33:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: 3rd question - is it possible to save setup

MacSword will start up exactly where you left it when you closed the application.
[Sep 17, 2008 8:53:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Elaine
Regular

hopefully that will be true when I reinstall.

Thank you AGAIN
[Sep 17, 2008 10:24:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA

It should be if you did not delete ~/Library/Application Support/MacSword.
[Sep 17, 2008 12:55:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yes, MacSword should save you open windows including the options.

Manfred
[Sep 17, 2008 1:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Elaine
Regular

unfortunately - as you might have noticed on my "notes" thread - my options do not save

any hints??
[Sep 17, 2008 1:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thehawkes

USA

Manfred:

I have the same question. When I quit MacSword and restart, my prior Bible & commentary setup is no longer... Just a blank workspace to start filling in again. What do I need to do to ensure that I keep the same workspace setup each time? I use 6-8 translations in columns and 3 commentaries at the bottom. How can this be saved so that it comes up the same each time? Then I only have to enter the scripture reference and all is synchronized. Thanks in advance for you help on this.

Regards,

Craig
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by thehawkes at May 12, 2009 1:04:06 PM]
[May 12, 2009 1:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hmm, actually the session should be saved.
I just tested it here with a clean session, added some tabs, column, quit, restart and they are there.
Somehow it seems that configuration data can't be stored on your system.
Also your question for the module installer suggests this.

Which OS and harware are you on?
And is your home folder on a network drive?

Regards,
Manfred
[May 13, 2009 12:25:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thehawkes

USA

Thanks for your help... I discovered that I'm not having any problem with this issue. The problem is on my friends computer... He's using a New MacBook with 10.5.6 installed. I walked him through just to make sure and he quits, restarts and nothing comes up and he has to open a new workspace... Any thoughts for him?... unfortunately, he is not fluent (not that I am) at using these kind of forums so I'm trying to help him out. Thanks for your interest and help.

Sincerely,

Craig
[May 13, 2009 4:24:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Could you possibly pass me on his log file of MacSword which should be lying around in:
/Users/<hislogin>/Library/Logs/MacSword2.log

It might be quite large, just zip it and send it to me via email.

Manfred
[May 13, 2009 11:36:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread