mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2544 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male jbloodwo
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A difrent question about copying.

Ok i have tried this in bibletime gnomesword and macsword.

I am wondering if it is just me being stupid and missing how to do the folowing.

when i copy a verse or group of verses is there a way to also have that range autoapended with the book chapter and verse.
I have 2 examples below 1 form Bible explorer. and the second form the non sword program with sword in the name (e-sword).

--Bible explorer example --
23 So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening.
24 And some were persuaded by the things which were spoken, and some disbelieved.
--- e-sword example ---
Act 28:23-24 KJV
(23) And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
(24) And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

The esword example is one of the choices that are given. is there a way to do this type of past with any of the xSword frontends?

Acts 28:23-24 (NKJV)
[Aug 21, 2008 6:22:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A different question about copying.

I think your suggestion of prepending the copied selection with the reference is an excellent idea. To my knowledge, none of our Sword frontends does this.

BibleDesktop does something like what you are asking in a couple of different ways.

Unlike the other Sword frontends, BibleDesktop is geared toward the passage and not the chapter. You can display just what you want to see.

When you enter something in "Show Passage", each contiguous set of verses is titled. You can then copy the title along with the verse.

You can also choose on the View menu: View -> Verse Numbers -> Show Book, Chapter and Verse Numbers. You can further modify this with View -> Use Small Verse Numbers (to turn off the default) and with View -> Start Verses on Separate Lines (off is the default). This will produce the following:

(Acts 28:23) And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
(Acts 28:24) And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

You can use Ctrl-C to copy a selection and Ctrl-V to paste (or Cmd-C/Cmd-V on the Mac).
[Aug 24, 2008 4:34:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread