mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2448 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male photo67
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Mac Sword upgrade to 1.4

Hello
I am currently using MacSword 1.2.1b on a PowerMacG4 with 10.4.11. I would like to upgrade to MacSword 1.4.1, the latest version. Can I just download the new version? Or do I need to delete the old 1.2.1b and ALL the modules I already have installed? I don't want to mess everything up before I try to upgrade.
Thank You
[Aug 11, 2008 6:53:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Mac Sword upgrade to 1.4

Hi.

I don't know of any problems switching to version 1.4.
You can keep the modules. However there might be new versions available for some of them.
Bookmarks are stored seperately with MacSword 1.4 so any new bookmarks added with 1.4 are not available in 1.2.1.

Manfred
[Aug 11, 2008 10:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male photo67
Stranger

Hello
Thank You for your helpful reply. I did install 1.4.1 and I simply replaced the Sword.app in the Sword folder by dragging it into the main Sword folder, and dragging the old 1.2.1b, into the trash. It picked up the new version and All my modules are being used with the new App.

I do notice a blurring of the text in the Module Installer. As you scroll more, it blurs further down the page. Has anyone else reported this to you?

Patrick
[Aug 12, 2008 2:42:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

Hello
Thank You for your helpful reply. I did install 1.4.1 and I simply replaced the Sword.app in the Sword folder by dragging it into the main Sword folder, and dragging the old 1.2.1b, into the trash. It picked up the new version and All my modules are being used with the new App.

I do notice a blurring of the text in the Module Installer. As you scroll more, it blurs further down the page. Has anyone else reported this to you?

Patrick

I have had this problem as well. I couldn't even guess as to what could be causing this. Any way, it's nice to have the installer so that you don't have to manually install modules. Thanks again Manfred, for a job well done. -Kevin
[Aug 26, 2008 5:57:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

In case you don't know.
Version 1.4.2 fixed this bluring issue.

Manfred
[Aug 28, 2008 2:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male photo67
Stranger

Thank You. I've just installed 1.4.2 and the issue is gone.

Patrick
[Sep 1, 2008 7:18:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

Thanks Manfred, I didn't know about 1.4.2 -Kevin
[Sep 5, 2008 8:28:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread