mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3895 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male Yves14
Stranger

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Jsword 1.6 in French???

Hi,
I'm French and I've been happily using Jsword for some time. I've just upgraded to version 1.6. It works, except the names of Bible books are in English and not in French any more.
Is it necessary to add a plug-in of some sort, or will French just be implemented in a version to come?

Thanks for your help,
God bless.

Y.B.
[Aug 10, 2008 9:27:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: Jsword 1.6 in French???

That is not supposed to happen. I tried to be careful in the upgrade that it would use your computer's Locale to determine which Bible book names to use.

There are two files that participate in determining the language of BibleDesktop/JSword:
desktop.properties
and
org.crosswire.common.util.Translations.properties

To find these files, use your computer's search facility. (The location depends on whether you are on a Mac, Windows or Linux)

The first holds all the options of the program and the second holds which language you have chosen the program to display in.

Delete the ....Translations.properties and you should be back in business.

If that doesn't work, try deleting desktop.properties and then re-doing your preferences/options.

Within the next year I hope to have the program translated into French. We don't yet have volunteers.
[Aug 16, 2008 4:37:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Yves14
Stranger

France
Re: Jsword 1.6 in French???

Hello, and thanks for your answer.

I have tried the solutions you propose, but unfortunately it hasn't changed anything.

I notice that in the preferences menu, French doesn't appear as an option anyway. But maybe this is different from the list of books appearing in such or such language...

By the way, I use a Linux system (ubuntu feisty).

If you need any help to translate the menus and titles in the software, perhaps I could help. Although I must say I am not a programmer at all, but just a linguist.

As for jsword, maybe I'll just turn back to the previous version for the time being.

God bless,
YB
[Aug 21, 2008 9:48:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread