mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6468 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Male k_chupe
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Mac sword newest build doesn't launch(PPC)

I have a PPC g4 tower running OS X 10.4.11 and can't get the newest version of mac sword to run. I had to use 1.3.5 which is actually for 10.3. Any ideas why I can't get it to work? The version i saw with the module downloader was 2.1
[Aug 1, 2008 9:42:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Mac sword newest build doesn't launch(PPC)

Hi.

MacSword 1.4 is working on PPC computers.
Is there an error message on the screen or what happens if you double click MacSword?

What do you mean with "The version i saw with the module downloader was 2.1"?
There is no version 2.1 actually? The latest version is 1.4 which has a module installer included, yes.

Regards,
Manfred
[Aug 2, 2008 3:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

2.1 can be found here: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Educational/MacSword.shtml
I tried the 1.4 but it starts to launch in the dock, but then dissapears and that's it.
[Aug 2, 2008 7:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

This shouldn't be there, it is not for public.
I will ask them to pull it.

I tried the 1.4 but it starts to launch in the dock, but then dissapears and that's it.

Could you get me a console log and the MacSword.log file in:
~/Library/Logs/MacSword.log

It maybe that it will get deleted on each MacSword start.

Regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Aug 2, 2008 8:26:03 AM]
[Aug 2, 2008 8:25:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

sad Re: Mac sword newest build doesn't launch(PPC)

Referenced from: /Users/MacOSX/Desktop/MacSword.app/Contents/MacOS/MacSword
Reason: image not found
Aug 2 14:20:23 kevin-chupes-power-mac-g4-agp-graphics crashdump[207]: MacSword crashed
Aug 2 14:20:23 kevin-chupes-power-mac-g4-agp-graphics crashdump[207]: crash report written to: /Users/MacOSX/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MacSword.crash.log
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/MacOSX/Desktop/MacSword.app/Contents/MacOS/MacSword
Reason: image not found
Aug 2 14:20:51 kevin-chupes-power-mac-g4-agp-graphics crashdump[212]: MacSword crashed
Aug 2 14:20:51 kevin-chupes-power-mac-g4-agp-graphics crashdump[212]: crash report written to: /Users/MacOSX/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MacSword.crash.log
HOPE THIS HELPS!
[Aug 2, 2008 12:24:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yes, that helped, thanks.
Although I've not had this libcurl.4.dylib problem I found another problem that caused a crash on Tiger.
Please make sure you have all system security updates installed for Mac OSX Tiger.

I've release a bug fix version.

Regards,
Manfred
[Aug 3, 2008 7:04:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

applause Re: Mac sword newest build doesn't launch(PPC)

That worked! Thanks so much. A couple of questions...when I'm scrolling through the module installer, the text in it gets a little blurry, and also, is a tabbed window in the works for a future version of macsword? Thanks again! -Kevin
[Aug 3, 2008 3:36:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

...when I'm scrolling through the module installer, the text in it gets a little blurry

I will look into that.

and also, is a tabbed window in the works for a future version of macsword?

Yes, this is planed.

Manfred
[Aug 4, 2008 3:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

That's great! Thanks for your help. As far as the tabbed feature in macsword, both gnomesword and esword have the feature and make it very organized and accessible when using. Nevertheless, macsword is by far the best I've used on mac to date. Thanks again for bringing such an excellent program to us! -Kevin
[Aug 4, 2008 11:48:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male k_chupe
Regular

I had only one other suggestion. In bibledesktop, they have a couple of other sources besides crosswire to download modules from. one is Bible.org, and the other is crosswire beta. This provides some modules that aren't available through crosswire.org. Some which include maps. I tried to add the extra sources, but i received a message saying that they weren't valid sources. I might have entered them wrong, but i don't think so. Could you check into it? Thanks so much! -Kevin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by k_chupe at Aug 4, 2008 12:01:20 PM]
[Aug 4, 2008 11:56:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread