mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5230 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male Ingo
Regular

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bug in the Webster's dictionary (?)

Or rather in the .conf file (mods.d/websterdict.conf):
why use shareware font CODE2000?

My advice for everybody using this module: change font (or tell me the reason for CODE2000 here, please...)

Brgds.
----------------------------------------
Ps 1:1-2
[Feb 11, 2005 6:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Bug in the Webster's dictionary (?)

The Webster's dictionary module makes very extensive use of the Unicode codepoint range. Even a font that aims to support the entire BMP (basically the first 64k characters of Unicode), as Code 2000 aims to, will not completely support the range of codepoints used in this module. However, it does support more characters than any other font I have found. You are free to change to a different font, such as Arial Unicode MS (which is a commercial font, available with MS Office, but also has excellent codepoint coverage for those who like Sans Serif fonts), but you will see more boxes than users of Code 2000.

In any case, we will continue to ship the module with the recommendation that people use Code 2000 (at least on Windows). I know it is ugly for Latin, but it is most complete.
[Feb 11, 2005 8:35:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread