mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4879 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male vonFrehn

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Norwegian Bible & Diaspora

The 1930 N�rsk Bibelen has been available for the SWORD Project for a good while now. Since I'm learning Norwegian, I thought I'd make a .pdb for PalmBible+ to take with me wherever.

Now, you use Diaspora to make the text file that BibleConverter in turn uses to crank out a .pdb. Problem is, Diaspora will do the entire Old Testament, but it stops at John in the New.

I've only had this problem with the Norwegian Bible module. Others I've converted successfully with Diaspora and BibleConverter.

Any thoughts on what can be done here?

jth
[Apr 24, 2004 3:13:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male revgraham
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Norwegian Bible & Diaspora

(already posted this on PalmBible forum.)

Try this.
First open up the Sword config file, found in the mods.d subdirectory where Sword is installed. It is called 'Norsk.conf'
Then change the line which says 'Lang=no' to 'Lang=en_US.'
Then run Diaspora and the file should be exported successfully. smile

Then run through BibleConverter.
The only drawback is that the book descriptions are in English, not Norwegian.

I've noticed that the last verse of the Bible is missing. You can always add it in manually before compiling Palm module
[May 4, 2004 11:16:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread