mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6440 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male SurtaX

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Failed to Compile! Help

Hellp
[Jun 13, 2008 6:40:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SurtaX

Re: Failed to Compile! Help

Hi I've looked through like every thread with compile errors and hae been crazily installing random packages in hope it will help compile sword but im still getting this error when running make afer i ./configure

Making all in lib
Entering directory `/home/user/Desktop/sword-1.5.11'
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -O2 -ftemplate-depth-25 -DCURLAVAILABLE -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib -DUSELUCENE -o buildtest buildtest.o ./lib/libsword.la -lz -L/usr/lib -lclucene
mkdir .libs
g++ -O2 -ftemplate-depth-25 -DCURLAVAILABLE -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib -DUSELUCENE -o .libs/buildtest buildtest.o ./lib/.libs/libsword.so -lz -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libclucene.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
buildtest.o: In function `main':
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0xa6): undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::VerseKey(char const*)'
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0x15e): undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::setText(char const*)'
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0x175): undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::Persist(signed char)'
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0x292): undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::increment(int)'
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0x2d4): undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::~VerseKey()'
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0x2f9): undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::AutoNormalize(char)'
buildtest.cpp:(.text+0x351): undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::~VerseKey()'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::Chapter(int)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::TreeKeyIdx::TreeKeyIdx(char const*, int)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWClass::isAssignableFrom(char const*) const'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::builtin_books'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::TreeKeyIdx::create(char const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::ListKey::~ListKey()'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::Error()'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::SWKey(sword::SWKey const&)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::StrKey::StrKey(char const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::~SWKey()'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::ListKey::copyFrom(sword::ListKey const&)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::SWKey(char const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::VerseKey(sword::SWKey const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::ListKey::ListKey(char const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::Testament() const'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::convertToOSIS(char const*, sword::SWKey const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::setText(char const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseTreeKey::VerseTreeKey(sword::TreeKey*, char const*)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::Index(long)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::Headings(char)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::builtin_BMAX'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::SWKey::Persist() const'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::ListKey::getRangeText() const'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::getText() const'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::Verse(int)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::ParseVerseList(char const*, char const*, bool)'
./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::VerseKey::Testament(char)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** buildtest Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/user/Desktop/sword-1.5.11'
make: *** all-recursive Error 1

[Jun 13, 2008 6:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SurtaX

And if i run userinst.sh instead of configure when running make i get this error instead

../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:9:28: error: unicode/utypes.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:10:26: error: unicode/ucnv.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:11:29: error: unicode/ustring.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:12:27: error: unicode/uchar.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:14:28: error: unicode/unistr.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:15:30: error: unicode/translit.h: No such file or directory
[Jun 13, 2008 7:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Sword uses curl and probably clucene by default.
You need to check whether it is installed on your system.

This is how I build:
After unpacking:
# ./autogen.sh
# ./configure --prefix=/opt/sword --with-zlib --with-conf --with-curl
# make all
# make install

Manfred
[Jun 14, 2008 6:38:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SurtaX

Isn't this the default config?

I dont know how/why it worked, but now it does. I still dont quite understand why normally on my Ubuntu desktop but took such difficulty and alteration of processes for my Xandros Laptop.

But yes you my friend are a Genius =] Thank God for you, been praying for it to work.
[Jun 15, 2008 10:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Isn't this the default config?

Well, yes, maybe.
Not the --prefix, I think this defaults to /usr/local.
The rest can be default.

I think the autogen.sh is qzite important. At least it doesn't compile here if I don't call that first.

Manfred
[Jun 16, 2008 2:50:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SurtaX

Hi again, I recently tried out Jsword, because I thought it'll be more portable and be easier to share with friends (non-linux). Anyways, I got everything from svn and bible desktop builds fine. So I tried to get to know the code a bit better.

Going into trunk/jsword -> src/main/java -> org.crosswire.jsword.examples.

And so I was looking at the APIexamples.java and looked simple enough like normal Sword. But when I tried to run it, it gave me the following....

The archive: /common/jar/commons-logging-1.1/commons-logging-1.1.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

My understanding is that commons-logging-1.1 has since been named commons-logging-1.1.1.jar and the folder likewise, and thats why it cant find it. But however looking at the code of APIexaples.java i am not able to see where it makes a reference to it and hence what needs to be changed. Any help will be appreciated.
[Jun 17, 2008 11:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread