mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2704 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male mac_david
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Pls help me!!! (xml => swd)

Hello friends,

my problem is this: I have a bible which I got for mybible.de which uses the xml.
Everything I need to do now is to get out of this xml file a RAW.zip

but HOW do I get this RAW stuff???
I can convert the xml and get 4 files: nt, ot, nt.vss, ot.vss

but if I open a raw zip I find a folderstructure and some other files called *.bzs and *.bzv and also a biblename.conf
HOW do I get these...???
I found out that when I download a raw file, unpack it and rename it on my mac the application automaticalli notice that this is a module and I can use it...

Sum up:
I can convert my xml into:
- these 4 files mentioned above
- e-sword CSV
- verseperline (*.vpl)

please help me - I am desperately searching the solution to this problem... Thanks in advance,

blessings and regards from Germany,
david
[May 13, 2008 7:23:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Pls help me!!! (xml => swd)

Check the module making instructions at the CrossWire wiki. To have a working module, you need a .conf file (written by hand) and some data files (which vary depending on the module type and compression. The files you have (ot, nt, ot.vss, & nt.vss) are uncompressed Bible data files. There's nothing wrong with those, but we only distribute compressed modules (with bzs, bzv, etc. extensions). You can use the mod2zmod program to convert an existing uncompressed module into a compressed one.
[May 13, 2008 12:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

Re: Pls help me!!! (xml => swd)

THANK YOU!

Ok, I see... I have it now on my mac maschine even when some things are not proper yet.
Anyways, here is what I did:

I created a folder and the same folderstructure as other swordmodules have it. I did this manually. In the folder rawtext or so (the last one) I put the 4 files i mentioned above.
Then I took an exististing *.conf and edified it to my needs and saved it.

I took the whole package and threw it on my mac and I renamed the folder to
biblename.swd
OS X asked me if I want to do this because it could be that the OS will only recognize it as one file then... yeah, we wanna do this ;-)

pput it in the modules folder and start macsword - voilá here you are !!!

thank you man!
regards and blessings
david
[May 14, 2008 1:52:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread