mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4489 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Male Coburn
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sword web, Java-based?

I'm pondering the possibility of being able to install Sword web on a completely Java platform. To be simple I'm looking for an install similar to Portable Bible Desktop, where Java is in the same folder, with a PATH in the app pointing to it.

Would that work? Has it been tried? The install HowTo says the tools are reputed to be cross-platform. Does that mean Cygwin, or could you reconfigure things a little bit to use Java tools instead of the C-based dependencies?

Did I do much research on this? No. This is my research. blushing I have installed WordPress on LAMP at home...

If it is possible, I wouldn't mind if somebody could post the installation instructions. Or links to HowTo install the components, and config specifics.

Thanks,

Coby
[Mar 19, 2008 8:08:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread