mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4898 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male Michael_TSM
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Studypad crashes GnomeSword

I'm using the Ubuntu (Gusty Gibbon)

Every time I go to open up the studypad or edit the personal commentary GnomeSword will crash...

Any idea why this is happening?

EDIT: This problem has also been reported by other people on these sites with no solution:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnomesword/+bug/181921
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnomesword/+bug/182119
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Michael_TSM at Feb 11, 2008 12:53:46 AM]
[Feb 11, 2008 12:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: Studypad crashes GnomeSword

The latest Gnomesword package seems to not require gtkhtml-3.8. If you install this package, it should fix your problem.

Matthew
[Feb 11, 2008 5:07:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Michael_TSM
Stranger

Ahh thankyou!

That package fixed it, it seems odd that it worked for a while without the package but there you go.

Just for those at home the actual name of the package you need to install to fix the problem is gtkhtml3.8

To install it, go into the terminal and type
sudo apt-get install gtkhtml3.8

And then put your password in and follow the prompts.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Michael_TSM at Feb 11, 2008 8:15:23 PM]
[Feb 11, 2008 5:24:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Lawgor76
Stranger

Hi. I used to have that problem with Ubuntu 7.04, but I recently did a fresh installation of Ubuntu 8.10 and Gnomesword2 and the studypad works now.
[Jan 15, 2009 10:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread