mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10704 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male brfsa
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Possible to export a sword bible to xml, csv or sql?

Hi all.
I would like to implement a web application to read bible.

So, is there any way I can decompress/export a sword bible into SQL, CSV or XML?

Any of these formats would be ok for me to make the model analysis and create a web application.

And my web application will be open source. :)
made with ruby on rails

Thanks for any help

Fred
[Jan 9, 2008 1:56:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Possible to export a sword bible to xml, csv or sql?

Please read the relevant questions in our FAQ: http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/EnduserFAQ

The SWORD Project's format is not an archival format and should not be used as the basis for other works. We discourage and cannot assist in such efforts as you suggest.

You might consider helping to improve our existing (and already very mature) web interface or implementing a Ruby interface to our C++ library.
[Jan 9, 2008 5:49:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread