mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3721 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male k_chupe
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused installing bible time on dreamlinux

i'm using gnomesword right now. i really really wanted to use bibletime. i was using e-sword when i was a windows victim. i like that you click on a word in bibletime and it will give you the strongs greek definition of that word. in gnomesword you have to manually type the strongs number in the search box. will bibletime even work on dreamlinux? i primarily use my pc for bible study, and am hooked on dreamlinux distro. can someone help or point me in the right direction? also, i'm a linux novice and don't know how to compile or install programs with the command line in the terminal. if i left out ant needed info please let me know. God bless!
[Dec 8, 2007 2:47:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male eelik
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: installing bible time on dreamlinux

As far as I can see Dreamlinux uses Debian Etch (stable) package repository. The GnomeSword is very old version - it has improved much since then - and BibleTime does not even exist in Etch. I cannot recommend Etch based distro to anyone who wants to have up-to-date software.
----------------------------------------
Read the FAQ! http://www.crosswire.org/faq
[Dec 10, 2007 8:00:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread