mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2896 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male dadkins
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sword for Yellow Dog Linux

I was wondering if either of your linux projects work with Yellow Dog Linux for the PS3. I know some programs have problems with it and wanted to know before I added it. Thank you.
[Sep 6, 2007 9:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male eelik
Regular

Re: Sword for Yellow Dog Linux

As a BibleTime developer I must say that I can not help you. I have never even heard about that platform and I guess neither have other active BT developers.

If someone owns PS3, runs linux on it and can do some basic development work, we will gladly try to help to do the port.

BibleTime currently runs on top of KDE environment. If KDE applications don't work on some platform then neither doesn't BibleTime.

-- Eeli Kaikkonen
----------------------------------------
Read the FAQ! http://www.crosswire.org/faq
[Sep 6, 2007 9:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

I tried out Sword on YDL and on one of the other distros available at the time (either gentoo or FC, I think) when I first got my PS3. I think I got Sword itself to compile, as well as GnomeSword. But I think BT gave some errors at compile time.
[Sep 6, 2007 6:30:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dadkins
Stranger

Was just currious since I have a PS3 running linux as a side project. I'll give it a shot and see if it compiles...

The PS3 YD Linux uses Gnome and a proprietary desktop called enlighten.
[Sep 7, 2007 9:40:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread