mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 20
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 37506 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Male JensG
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Bibles in Portuguese

Sorry please. I have no time to proofread a Internet Source again a printed Book. I am a native German Speaker.

I hope you find another People.

Jens Grabner
[Dec 9, 2007 2:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

The issue isn't proof reading a text. The crux of this issue is that there is no such thing as the "João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada". It's a corrupted copyrighted text, probably renamed to hide its source.

There are numerous discussions of this issue to be found around the web, for example: http://pt.wikisource.org/wiki/Discuss%C3%A3o:Ferreira_de_Almeida_Atualizada

I have checked the "João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada" text against a number of Portuguese translations (both in print and in electronic editions). It is clearly derivative of copyrighted texts but I have not found any text by that title to exist.

You don't have to take my word for it, but you will be wasting your time if you don't.
[Dec 9, 2007 4:56:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male VampiroSlack
Regular

Brazil

VampiroSlack, what do you think about translating the King James version to Portuguese?

there is a Brazilian King James Version existing, the New Testament has already been published, the complete Bible should be released soon. in other words, that would give troubles about copyrights....
[Jul 15, 2008 1:56:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    jorgesunlight    jorgenomsn@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male VampiroSlack
Regular

Brazil

Here is a good Information about a Bible:

[link removed]

I hope this Bible from "The Unbound Bible" is free.

Please answere. I can make a Bible for the Sword Project.

Jens Grabner

as a matter of a fact, that "Link Removed" Bible seems to be free. after a first look made me suspect it might be Versão de Almeida - Revista e Atualizada no Brasil, I did some comparisons and could not identify the assembly of the text samples I took - that one I did it pretty randomly - with any printed version ever. an internet research told me that package's text might have been made up from several newer and older revisions of Bible versions in Portuguese by an unknown hacker. the modernized orthography is certainly his/her work. and that is a probable reason why it has never been named, or sometimes wrongly been informed to be the Versão de Almeida - Revista e Atualizada no Brasil.

most of the commentaries are in Portuguese, so at http://jolon.org/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=36 I found this information in English:

The Zefania XML site has two bible modules in Portuguese....

88 Portuguese Corrigida Fiel (1753/1995) (POR)
144 Portuguese Version (POR)

and after I saw its text in my girlfriend's Zefania XML - she uses Windows crying - it seems that "Link Removed" Bible is exactly the one described in the quote above as "144 Portuguese Version (POR)".

so I don't see how anyone may ever ask about copyright, chances are too remote the text have been any copyright holder's work.

Jorge
[Jul 15, 2008 2:23:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    jorgesunlight    jorgenomsn@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

http://pt.wikisource.org/wiki/Ferreira_de_Almeida_Atualizada

All of the "Almeida Atualizada" Bibles floating around on the net are the same. Unbound Bible, Bible Gateway, CCEL, Go Bible, Zefania, & e-Sword all use this text. That doesn't mean they should. That doesn't mean it is a public domain text. (Many of these groups have either been asked to remove other content in the past or don't care enough about copyright and source text quality.)

We will probably make use of the Projeto Bíblia Aberta text, but at the moment it is only 10 chapters.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Jul 16, 2008 9:12:09 PM]
[Jul 16, 2008 8:47:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JensG
Regular

For Proofreading the Portuguese Bible, i have no Time and i understand not the language.

Sorry for that -- Jens
[Jul 22, 2008 5:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male m2brazil
Stranger

I am an American Christian Missionary and have been waiting for a long time for a Portuguese Bible module to use in the GnomeSword. I want to use Linux for everything but things like this make me go back to Windows.

I prefer the Fiel or the Corrigida text myself. If there is something that I can do please let me know. For now I have the Portuguese Bible in HTML format and have to use two programs when building sermons. I study in English and then have to search the html for the corresponding Portuguese Bible verses.

As I understand, e-sword and several others are using what seems to be public domain files of the Port. Bible. Is there someone that is requesting to not use these files? Who are they? I will give them a phone call and ask for written permission.

Here is one that says that it is free

http://www.ebooksbrasil.org/eLibris/biblia.html

Proibido todo e qualquer uso comercial. (prohibited any kind of use commercially)
Se você pagou por esse livro (If you paid for this book)
VOCÊ FOI ROUBADO! (You were cheated)
Você tem este e muitos outros títulos (You have this book and many others)
GRÁTIS (FREE!)
direto na fonte: (From this place)
eBooksBrasil.org

Edições em pdf e eBookLibris
eBooksBrasil.org

I don't think João Ferreira de Almeida would mind if we used his translation.

Here is another one from 1850 http://books.google.com/books?id=2EwMAAAAYAAJ

A Biblia Sagrada contendo o Velho e o Novo Testamento, traduzida em portuguez
By João Ferreira d' Almeida
Published by Sociedade Americana da Biblia, 1850
Original from the New York Public Library
Digitized Aug 28, 2007
1139 pages

Copy writes usually end after 70 yrs. if they could claim copy write at all

Please! Someone give us the Portuguese Bible! Portuguese is spoken by over 180 million people in the world.
[Oct 29, 2008 7:08:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male VampiroSlack
Regular

Brazil

M2,

think I've found what we need for the beginning: a module of the ACF - Versão de Almeida - Revista e Corrigida Fiel aos Textos Originais biggrin . yes, right your beloved Almeida Corrigida Fiel which also I pretty appreciate. smile

to download it, the link is this one: (link removed).

well, and I've not forgotten to advise about it at Crosswire's Wiki .

anyway, it's amazing how Brazil`s Bible societies and publishers ride on "their" copyrights which often, according to Brazilian law, they would not even have. Brazil's copyright legislation basically follows the Berne convention but in 1998 has raised authors' rights terms of expiry to 70 years; the Berne Convention's Articles 7 and 7bis are pretty quite clear. the specific law which rules copyrights in Brazil is Law Nº 9.610, from 19 February 1998.

Jorge
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Sep 26, 2009 5:54:11 PM]
[Apr 15, 2009 8:49:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    jorgesunlight    jorgenomsn@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

ACF has a 1969 publication date, which means this is under copyright.

The link in the above has been removed.
[Sep 26, 2009 5:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmontier
Stranger

Brazil

I know a bible enabled to use in the site
http://www.dominiopublico.gov.br/

All files in this site are free of copyrigths, and it is official site of brasilian government,
there is possible to find a file of the bible, so i think we can use this text to enable the portuguese version, what do you think?
[May 2, 2011 4:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread