mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 20
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38148 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Male VampiroSlack
Regular

Brazil
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bibles in Portuguese

there absolutely is no Bible in Portuguese available for Sword. why? I wonder about this, specially since there are so many Bible versions available, most of them in Brazil.

those I would love to see available:

1. Versão de Almeida - Revista e Corrigida na grafia simplificada (JUERP); kinda Brazilian KJV)

2. Versão de Almeida - Corrigida Fiel (has been released for e-Sword; maybe someone contact Trinitarian Bible Society or Sociedade Bíblica Trinitariana do Brasil)

3. Versão de Almeida - Revista e Corrigida (United Bible Societies/Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil; has been revised in 1969)

4. Versão de Almeida - Revista e Corrigida 1995 (United Bible Societies/Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil)

5. Versão de Almeida - Revista e Atualizada (United Bible Societies/Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil; kinda Brazilian equivalent to the American Standard Version and the Revised Standard Version)

6. Versão de Almeida - Revista e Atualizada (United Bible Societies/Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil; kinda Brazilian equivalent to the New American Standard Version and the New Revised Standard Version; one of the versions preferred by Brazil's Protestants, 22% of the country's population)

7. Versão de Almeida - Revista e Corrigida 1997 (a more fundamentalist revision)

8. Versão de Almeida - de Acordo com os Melhores Textos (JUERP)

9. Nova Versão Internacional (International Bible Society/Sociedade Bíblica Internacional; Brazilian equivalent to the American New International Version; one of the versions preferred by Brazil's Protestants)

10. Tradução Ecumenica da Bíblia (Edições Loyola; Brazilian equivalent to the French Traduction Oecuménique de la Bible)

11. A Bíblia Ave Maria (Editora Ave Maria; Brazilian equivalent to the French Version de Marédsous one of the versions preferred by Brazil's Catholics)

12. A Bíblia de Jerusalem (Editora Paulus; Brazilian equivalent to the French La Bible de Jérusalem one of the versions preferred by Brazil's Catholics)

13. Versão da CNBB (Catholic; Brazilian equivalent to the Italian Versione della CEI and the German Einheitsübersetzung)

14. Edição Pastoral (Catholic; Editora Paulus)

15. Mensagem de Deus (Catholic; Edições Loyola)

16. Biblia Vozes (Catholic; Editora vozes

17. Versão de Figueiredo (translated from the Vulgate in the 18th century, should be freely available; a Ctholic version which has already lots been used also by Protestants)

18. Versão de Mattos Soares (Editora Paulus; one a version preferred by conservative Catholics)

19. A Bíblia na Linguagem de Hoje (United Bible Societies/Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil; kinda Brazilian equivalent to the Good News Bible)

20. Nova Tradução na Linguagem de Hoje (United Bible Societies/Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil; for its Apocrypha Edições Paulinas; kinda Brazilian equivalent to the Contemporary English Version)

21. A Bíblia Viva (Editora Mundo cristão; Brazilian equivalent to the Living Bible)

22. A Tanakh (Editora Sêfer; Jewish version)

well, there are lots of Bible versions available also in Portuguese. and I must say, it's hard to win Brazilian Christians for free software when they don't get a Bible in their language. and since, for the time being, most Brazilians are still Catholics - despite that's changing drastically -, it would be a good idea to have also some Catholic versions available.
[Jul 3, 2007 9:23:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    jorgesunlight    jorgenomsn@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male eelik
Regular

Re: Bibles in Portuguese

You have very impressive list. I agree with you: there definitely should be Sword modules for such a major language. There are about 6 million speakers of Finnish and we have three Sword Bible modules. It's a shame that some major languages have less. But, as you know, this is a volunteer based project and if there are no people who are interested and capable of making a module, then there won't be a module.

Copyrights and permissions are a big problem for us but from your list there should be found some which we could publish. Could you help?

See also http://crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/DevTools:Modules#Portuguese
----------------------------------------
Read the FAQ! http://www.crosswire.org/faq
[Jul 3, 2007 3:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male VampiroSlack
Regular

Brazil
biggrin Re: Bibles in Portuguese

have downloaded and installed the module and tested it this morning. it runs pretty fine, and thanks God I got a Bible in Portuguese again in my software. thank you, Jens! :D

seems to be the Versão de Almeida - Revista e Atualizada no Brasil to me, but I'll compare it to a printed copy and to presence or not of the specific "errors of translation, interpretation and exegesis" listed in fundamentalist websites the Brazilian internet is so full off...

(not that I were a fundamentalist, no way, but I've found out all those "error" listings by Evangelical fundamentalists are a pretty worthy source to identify unidentified Portuguese Bible Versions pretty quickly.)

after having found out I'll tell you which one it is, also if it's copyrighted or not and - case it is - how it is copyrighted.

anyway, I pretty wanna thank you for that awesome module.

cheers,

Jorgebiggrin
[Jul 24, 2007 7:37:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    jorgesunlight    jorgenomsn@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Posts with links to copyrighted texts have been deleted.

The reason we don't have any Portuguese modules is because there are no available and distributable electronic texts available to us.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Osk at Jul 30, 2007 6:42:31 AM]
[Jul 30, 2007 6:40:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male isaque
Stranger

VampiroSlack, what do you think about translating the King James version to Portuguese?

I believe we can find help from other brazilian folks also.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by isaque at Oct 24, 2007 11:01:54 AM]
[Oct 24, 2007 11:01:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ifeghali
Stranger

Posts with links to copyrighted texts have been deleted.

The reason we don't have any Portuguese modules is because there are no available and distributable electronic texts available to us.

This is absolutely a shame. I have just started looking for some bible for my Mac when I found this. As a Christian I feel ashamed for not having any Portuguese bible publicity available. Copyrighted bibles ? Come one...

I am considering contacting Brazilian publishers to get some explanation on this.
[Nov 16, 2007 3:27:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JensG
Regular

Here is a good Information about a Bible:

[link removed]

I hope this Bible from "The Unbound Bible" is free.

Please answere. I can make a Bible for the Sword Project.

Jens Grabner
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Dec 1, 2007 4:49:06 PM]
[Dec 1, 2007 12:32:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Jens,

In case you didn't bother to notice, that Bible came from us.

We removed it because it was a mislabeled and badly corrupted copyrighted text. Please do not post links to it (or any other copyrighted text).
[Dec 1, 2007 4:53:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JensG
Regular

Here are some Information about the Bible with the "stolen Link".

João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada.

This is only a Link to inform about the Copyright, not to the copyrighted Text.

Jens Grabner
[Dec 2, 2007 5:07:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male eelik
Regular

Jens, this discussion is not moving forward unless someone can clearly point out that some available text is really in public domain. As was told earlier there have been and are some texts in the Internet which are not what they claim to be, are erroneous and infringe copyright. Therefore every text which is even a little bit doubtful must be proved to be right. It means proofreading it against an original printed version. You can help by taking a copy of "João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada" for example from a library and reading it through with that Internet version.
Read the FAQ! http://www.crosswire.org/faq
[Dec 4, 2007 12:37:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread