mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6121 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male ronbailey

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Searching Strongs Numbers in the LXX

MacSword has a very valuable module for the LXX. I would love to be able to 'search' it using the Strongs numbers but don't seem to be able to do so.

I have tried <1577> and strong:G1577 but both find no items. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
[May 10, 2007 10:02:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male darren

United States of America
Re: Searching Strongs Numbers in the LXX

A module must be specifically written to support Strong's numbers. As far as I know, this feature has only been implemented for the King James Version.
[Sep 19, 2007 5:54:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    darrenoh [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: Searching Strongs Numbers in the LXX

It has been a while since the original question.

You may be interested to know that many modules have Strong's Numbers.

The following modules contain Strong's Numbers:
byz
chiun
chiuns
frelsg
kjv
lxx
rst
rusvzh
rwebster
tr
whnu
wlc

MacSword may allow searching them at some point.

In the meantime, one can use BibleDesktop on the Mac to search Strong's Numbers.

The manual describes how: http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/bibledesktop-manual.pdf
[Sep 19, 2007 7:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread