mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3486 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male bob3dan
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New to the forum

Hello I am new to the forum and want to help gnomesword project and have an idea where should I go?
[Apr 9, 2007 5:43:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

Re: New to the forum

Depends on your skill level and ability to help. "Every idea is a responsibility."

These forums get little traffic. The mailing lists are better.

You get the best advice and sometimes action from the developers. They use the mailing lists mostly.

This particular project is doing work that is valuable in a sense beyond the average. Plus the dev's are part-time volunteers. So I try to think through my questions a few times, evaluate my suggestions as if I were them, etc. to conserve on their valuable time.

But, yeah, you could put your idea on the forums. You would get at least one comment, and quite a few folks would read it.

I would also browse crosswire.org very thoroughly if I were to make any future suggestions myself. Chances are it has already been discussed.

Thanks.
[Apr 10, 2007 7:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Re: New to the forum

want to help gnomesword project and have an idea where should I go?

New supporters and developers are always a wondrous gift for us. You'll do best for GS by exploring the website, http://gnomesword.sourceforge.net/, and finding the mailing lists there. There is sporadic activity in gnomesword-users and gnomesword-developers, and new voices are most welcome.

--karl,
one of 2 GS developers and project admins
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[May 7, 2007 8:36:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread