mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3119 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male Coburn
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Different view options

I would really appreciate it if the Sword environment included the option of tabbed browsing for all texts.

Sometimes, I realize, it is nice to be able to see two or three things at once while you are studying.

But usually I maximize my Bible in Gnomesword and move the other panes off the page. Too much visual clutter. Plus I want the page I am reading to be big. I use a larger text size than installed, and I like the feel of more words on the page. Like a book, I guess.

So if tabbed browsing were an option, I could read one thing at a time, but have ready access to other things if I needed them.

BTW this would include dictionaries. I like reading them in print format. So much information is lost when one is forced to read only one entry at a time. And the latency involved in moving from entry to entry is incredible. Especially when you are working with a language where the entries are identified _only_ by numbers. Imagine using an English dictionary that worked like that.

One entry at a time is for popups.

Hope this idea is helpful.

Thanks.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Coburn at Mar 23, 2007 7:13:54 AM]
[Mar 23, 2007 7:10:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Different view options

I would really appreciate it if the Sword environment included the option of tabbed browsing for all texts.

FYI, the next release of GnomeSword will include per-tab subwindow show state.

That is, in any given tab, pick which elements you want shown -- Bible, previewer, commentary/book, dictionary. That set of show choices is remembered just for that tab. This means that you can e.g. open a genbook in a new tab, and that's all that will be shown in that tab, unless you specifically request the other subwindows off the View menu.

Loading up a saved tab set (File -> Open Session) will auto-upgrade the saved tab specification to include per-tab show state (initially inherited from global state), which you can then modify and re-save if you have specific alterations.

The next GS will also have a base font size for all modules' display, in the Preferences dialog. So you can make all texts an extra step or two larger, without having to diddle with every single module's configuration.

We've decided to wait for Sword 1.5.10 before making the next GS release. But you're welcome to build GS yourself, and get this feature now, if you wish. It works fine built against today's Sword 1.5.9.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Jun 23, 2007 8:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread