mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4349 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male Coburn
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Custom reading calendar

I read through the Bible in a year using a list I put together myself.

Details: It is separated into 3 groups: writings, prophecy, and NT letters.

I read 2 chapters from group 1 and one from group 2 daily. On Sunday I read 3 from group 3 and 2 from 2.

Given an example like this, I would love to have a feature that would allow me to log in to gnomesword and have my reading for the day pop up (be set in the tabs).
[Oct 20, 2006 7:04:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Re: Custom reading calendar

I would love to have a feature that would allow me to log in to gnomesword and have my reading for the day pop up (be set in the tabs).

The closest GS will give you is to have a devotional module that you can construct.

Since you're running on Linux, and if you are comfortable with the command line tools, then you could (e.g.)

mod2imp DBD > dbd.imp

which will dump the content of an existing devotional module for you. Replace its per-date content to suit the readings you want to have. Insert them into the text as cross references (ThML <scripRef> or OSIS <reference>). Then use imp2ld to generate the module you want.

Lastly, copy mods.d/dbd.conf to mods.d/YourNameHere.conf, change the module name, path elements, and other data so as to describe what you have produced.

Once you have done all this, start GS, go to Preferences->Misc and set your devotional to the new module you have created. Thereafter, GS will start with your devotional in the preview pane.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Oct 24, 2006 8:45:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

OK, so in effect I am setting up a blank devotional that brings up my readings in tabs because they are linked as cross-references?

Sounds like a good idea. Could you email me a little howto on that? I'd like the commands spelled out for me, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

I assume that this would work for all versions of Sword, b/c it is a module. What would be the difference with Windows?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Coburn at Oct 25, 2006 9:14:41 AM]
[Oct 25, 2006 8:11:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA

BibleDesktop supports reading plans. It has a reading plan that starts in Genesis and Matt and goes through the OT once in a year and the NT twice.

To replace this plan with your own, do the following:
Grab the following files and edit the content to your liking:
http://www.crosswire.org/svn/jsword/trunk/jsw...eadings/ot1nt2.properties

Rename it to:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.readings.ot1nt2.properties

Place in
~/.jsword, if you are on Linux
~/Application Data/JSword, if on Windows (~ is typically c:/Documents and Settings/yourID, where yourID is your id)
~/Library/Application Support/JSword on the Mac

If you email your reading plan to jsword-devel@crosswire.org or bibledesktop-users@crosswire.org, I'll add it to BibleDesktop as another reading plan.
[Nov 20, 2006 5:48:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

biggrin
[Dec 23, 2006 6:30:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread