mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3873 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male Coburn
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
CEV module

Love to see the CEV as a module in the Sword project.

I know they have given permission to use it in BrandX (e-Sword).

This post is to see if other users agree.

I like the CEV because it is in modern street English but it is accurate, unlike the Good News Bible, which often tries to interpret idioms, from an evangelical theology slant. (They don't say anything *wrong*, you know, but by interpreting figures of speech they often lose part or all of the intended meaning). So the CEV is updated without being dumbed-down.
[Sep 12, 2006 5:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEV module

Please don't mind my rash words. I do use Good News when I need a print Bible. I actually have a Catholic one, so I can read Macabees in my lingo.
[Sep 14, 2006 10:01:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread