mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4705 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male slaveofone

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Dead Sea Scrolls Module

The Open Scrolls Project is an attempt to make English translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls "open source", available free, on-line, for anyone to use for anything (see http://www.openscrolls.org/). There are already a few scroll fragments translated:

4Q117 4Q Ezra?
4Q164 4QIsaiah Pesher
4Q168 (4QpMic?) 4QMicah Pesher (?)
4Q170 (4QpZeph) 4QZephaniah Pesher
4Q534 (The Book of Noah? The Birth of the Chosen One?)

It would be nice to see a Dead Sea Scrolls module being made which incorporates each new translation into it as they are completed.
[Jun 27, 2006 9:59:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male peterkirby
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Dead Sea Scrolls Module

I am Peter Kirby, director of the Open Scrolls project.

I would like the advice of the SWORD project community on how best to make the Dead Sea Scrolls available on this platform for free.

The advice I seek includes but is not limited to licensing suggestions and technological hurdles.

The aim is to make the original language as well as translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls freely available.

I have also contacted the makers of other popular Bible software packages for their feedback.

regards,
Peter Kirby
[Dec 2, 2006 2:43:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread