mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4945 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Male semerenko

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Swordweb server details needed

My goal is to set up a swordweb server for web publication of Wycliffe Bible Translators New Testaments.

I'm using suse linux which includes a version of ORBit, which seemed to install OK.

Next I used an .rpm of orbitcpp 1.3.9 designed for fedora2 and redhat. I used YaST to install this and no errors were returned.

I included Java and Tomcat were my original installation.

The two svn download concluded OK. I then tried the compilation steps. But the make command finished with:
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:9:28: unicode/utypes.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:10:26: unicode/ucnv.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:11:29: unicode/ustring.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:12:27: unicode/uchar.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:14:28: unicode/unistr.h: No such file or directory
../src/utilfuns/utilstr.cpp:15:30: unicode/translit.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [utilstr.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/sword/lib'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I likely need to know what flavor of linux to use, and wonder if you have some .rpms to use for the installation.

Thanks,

- George Semerenko, Dallas Network Services, WBT International
[Jan 17, 2006 1:30:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    semerenko    semerenkog    gsemerenko [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scribe
Strange

Re: Swordweb server details needed

The errors that you are seeing are because the SWORD engine is configured (in ./usrinst.sh) to use the ICU Unicode Library. You can do 1 of 2 things: either edit usrinst.sh to configure the engine to not include ICU support, or install ICU devel packages on your system. I hope this helps.
[Jan 18, 2006 11:39:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    scribe777_2000    scribe777    119107 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male semerenko

USA

Thanks for the help, that got me past those errors. Apparently I missed an error when I first ran ./usrinst where it checks for needed installations. The first of "no"s was:
checking how to run the C++ processor...g++ -E
checking for g77...no
checking for f77...no
chekcing for xlf...no
There are 20 of the "checking for.." that end with " ...no"

When I run the "make" command I now get a string of error messages that start with:
../src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1162: error: syntax error before "::"
./src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1163: error: syntax error before "!="
./src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1163: error: syntax errorbefore "++"
./src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1162: error: syntax error before "::"

There were a few hundred such errors. Thanks again for the help.
[Jan 19, 2006 12:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    semerenko    semerenkog    gsemerenko [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scribe
Strange

George,
You might consider taking this over to the general sword-support@crosswire.org list. These are basic compile questions with the sword engine and not directly related to the swordweb client. You'll get better support there, as well, as it is answered by active developers of the projects. These forums are more of a community supporting itself area.

But a short answer is:

Be sure you don't have sword installed in other places on your computer. It looks like you have header files installed from an RPM or some other package, which are old. Also, if you change usrinst.sh, you'll want to do a:

make distclean
./usrinst.sh
make

so you start with a fresh tree.
[Jan 19, 2006 2:19:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    scribe777_2000    scribe777    119107 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male semerenko

USA

Do you mean the "General Discusion" list?

My SuSE version of linux didn't come with ORBitCpp so I found an .rpm version of 1.3.9, but was unsure about the installation procedure.

I'm likely to get asked to come-up with a detailed step by step set of instructions.
[Jan 19, 2006 3:28:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    semerenko    semerenkog    gsemerenko [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scribe
Strange

not the general forum. We have an email support list subscribed with developers who are willing to answer these kinds of questions. Just mail your issue to sword-support@crosswire.org using your standard email client. Although, I would first try the 3 steps I mentioned in my last email:

make distclean
./usrinst.sh
make

and see if that fixes your problem. If not, then I would see if you have installed any SWORD rpm files on your box previously (e.g. look to see if there is a systemwide /usr/local/include/sword or /usr/include/sword/ or whathaveyou.) My guess is that one of these 2 things are creating a non-pristine environment for you, causing the trouble.
[Jan 19, 2006 5:37:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    scribe777_2000    scribe777    119107 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male semerenko

USA

Troy,

I gave that a try but still got the same errors, with the make command.
./src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1162: error: syntax error before "::"
./src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1163: error: syntax error before "!="
./src/modules/swmodule.cpp:1163: error: syntax errorbefore "++"

Is there a c++ library that I'm missing? or maybe orbitccp is in the wrong location?

- George Semerenko
[Jan 23, 2006 10:24:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    semerenko    semerenkog    gsemerenko [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male semerenko

USA

my make is terminating with the same error message that someone else got:
http://www.mail-archive.com/sword-devel@crosswire.org/msg09813.html

- George Semerenko
[Jan 23, 2006 11:21:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    semerenko    semerenkog    gsemerenko [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread