mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4508 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male koay_andrew
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Raw ZIP Help!!!

Hi,

I am a Linux user. To my knowledge, modules for Linux are only available in the Raw ZIP format.

I am planning to create some modules for SWORD but could not find any information how to do so for Linux. Can someone please help.

Whats the difference between the Raw ZIP and Windows formats? Are there any converters out there to convert from Windows mods to Linux?

Thanks.
[Aug 24, 2005 7:51:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thawes
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Raw ZIP Help!!!

First off, I think the only difference between raw zip and the windows version is the packaging. The modules are the same. Some one correct me if I am wrong, here.

What I do know is that I have used the raw zip files on Solaris, Linux, and Windows and was serving them up from the same shared drive, with no problem.

If you look at the developers section of the Sword Projects website, you will find the module making guide (http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/).
It's the same for Windows and Linux (for those who do not shurk the command line available on Windows).
[Aug 28, 2005 5:05:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    tim_r_hawes    TimotheosH    321480897    thawes@althusius.net [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread