mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17232 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Male phisch
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Where is the RSV modules?

I recently, accidentally, deleted my RSV module. When I went to download it, it seems to have disappeared? I don't see anything about it in the locked modules section of the webpage, and I couldn't find anything when searching the forum? Anybody know what happened to it?
Thanks and regards,
-Phil
[Aug 16, 2005 8:11:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbarton
Regular

Re: Where is the RSV modules?

So, er, what has happened to the RSV module then? I noticed it has basically disappeared... is it a bug on the module repository or is there a copyright issue that's come up?
[Nov 1, 2005 2:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbarton
Regular

Anyone?
[Nov 16, 2005 10:12:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tuubaaku
Regular

Anyone?

You'll probably get a better response if you ask on one of the mailing lists. I don't know what happened to it myself.
[Nov 16, 2005 10:24:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbarton
Regular

Well, there's nothing on the news pages here: http://www.crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp or here: http://www.crosswire.org/sword/newsarchive.jsp concerning RSV no longer being available.
[Nov 17, 2005 2:03:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male trimble
Stranger

I have RSV installed on my system. I could zip it for you and ftp it somewhere or email (looks to be under 2MB).

- Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm also looking for the RSV module for SWORD. Would it be possible for you to send me a zipped version of your module as well?

Much appreciated!

Mark
[Dec 20, 2005 5:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dl5hall

USA

Sent. You should an email with the files. You will have to unzip and manually install them.

- Dave

I have RSV installed on my system. I could zip it for you and ftp it somewhere or email (looks to be under 2MB).

- Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm also looking for the RSV module for SWORD. Would it be possible for you to send me a zipped version of your module as well?

Much appreciated!

Mark

[Dec 21, 2005 11:36:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    dl5hall [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male abarnhart
Stranger

I just started using Sword and lack the RSV module (one of my favorite translations). Would someone be kind enough to forward it along if there isn't any copyright issues? Thanks!
[Apr 18, 2006 6:43:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male FunkyRes
Stranger

I'd sure like to know what happened to it.
I have it, fortunately, but I don't know why it was removed.
[May 9, 2006 5:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

confused Re: Where is the RSV modules?

This has been an issue with both Sword and e-Sword. The RSV module existed at one time, then it disappeared for some unknown reason.

My conjecture is that somebody put together a module from text in (e.g.) the Oxford archives, and then was contacted by the publisher of the RSV and asked to pull it for copyright reasons.

If I'm wrong, let me add my voice to the chorus. I would love to have a Bible in plain, modern English that is both accurate and pleasant to read. The versions available now are, for the most part, public domain because they are second-rate or have features of obscure interest, and there is little demand for them. I use the WEB now because it is close enough, but I'm waiting with eager anticipation...
[Sep 12, 2006 5:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread