mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4793 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male planetusa
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Best way to convert an access database to a module

What would be the best way for me to convert an access database(all my yaers of notes for example, and other bibles in access, etc) into a sword module? I've had a look around at things, and saw nothing specific to access, but rather text files.

Thanks,
Michael
[Jun 11, 2005 8:09:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rlrandallx
Regular

Re: Best way to convert an access database to a module

For an MS-Access file I have had the most success by "exporting" a table to .csv, .txt or .xml format. You can then easily read it with Perl or any decent editor (TextPad) and make changes that can be passed on to the utilities.

In His Grace,
Robin
[May 27, 2007 1:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JensG
Regular

When you not have Access, you can use: MDB-View
... to export the Access Databased to *.csv.

Jens Grabner
[Jun 7, 2007 12:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ejb

Or use MDB-tools (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mdbtools/) just to keep the open-source vibe flowing.

PS. Hi, I'm new.
[Jun 24, 2007 5:27:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread