mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5068 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male rlrandallx
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Submitting bugs (defects) and enhancements for 1.5.6

Hi! I'm looking to start QAing various products at Crosswire. I would like to log bugs and enhancements here on the forum but would like it to be orderly. That is I would like to log a bug for example on The Sword Project 1.5.6 Windows english version and be able to come back again and again adding comments until the bug is fixed or labeled an enhancement request. In that case I would like to know when it might be implemented and on which version.

Is that too much to ask? Just one place place to enter bugs of every kind seems to confusing.

My first problem is understanding how "Parallel" tab works. I have KJV and TR loaded and was expecting to see a sort of "interlinear" Bible when I clicked "PARALLEL" but instead it printed the KJV one verse at a time with a blank line between each verse. This is not well explained in the Help menu. Also
when I right-click I see Bible 1 Bible 2 and Bible 3. Bible 1=NONE
Bible 2 = KJV and Bible 3 = TR. Where can I read about this?

In His Grace,
Robin
[Apr 25, 2005 11:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rlrandallx
Regular

Re: Submitting bugs (defects) and enhancements for 1.5.6

Well, It looks like I got the Parallel Bible working. With a little work I got about 10 more translations installed and working.

Also got LXX working!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rlrandallx at Apr 26, 2005 6:12:01 PM]
[Apr 26, 2005 5:59:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

If you're looking to make occasional bug reports in the course of using Sword, you should just report them to sword-bugs@crosswire.org. If you want to do serious QA work, you should use the bugtracker and you might want to consider joining the developers list (sword-devel@crosswire.org).

Major enhancements aren't going to be considered, at the moment, since we're readying the release of 1.5.8.
[Apr 27, 2005 10:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rlrandallx
Regular

Thanks for the directions to the bugtracker. I will be using it heavily. And yes I am on the developer's list.

RR
[Apr 28, 2005 12:19:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread